UPDATE: Printable/emailable flier for the "Emergency Townhall" events now available here...
This will be quick-ish. By necessity.
Several additional organizations and individuals have announced "NO CONFIDENCE" declarations in the announced Busby/Bilbray election results due to state and federal laws and provisions violated when the San Diego County registrar allowed the highly-hackable Diebold voting machines to be sent home with poll workers in the days prior to the June 6th. U.S. House special election.
"Emergency Townhall" events...to rally around the issue, raise awareness, and discuss actions to deal with the problem moving forward and call for accountability are now scheduled for Tuesday the 27th in Los Angeles and Wednesday the 28th in San Diego...
LOS ANGELES: Tue, June 27, 2006 @ 7:30pm
Venice United Methodist Church
1020 Victoria (Lincoln & Victoria, 1 block N. of Venice Blvd.)
SAN DIEGO: Wed, June 28, 2006 @ 7:00pm (rally@ 6pm)
Oceanside Civic Center
330 N. Coast Hwy. Oceanside, CA
Speakers at both events to include myself, Rob Cohen (co-director of the upcoming VoterGate documentary), Mimi Kennedy and Marcy Winograd (CA Election Protection Network and PDA), Jeeni Criscenzo (U.S. House nominee in San Diego's 49th district) and...possibly others to be announced soon.
Both events are OPEN TO ALL and I hope you'll turn out if you're anywhere near! More details, a swell poster, fliers and other info soon (hopefully by this evening). Please spread the word!
- - The Commonweal Institute. A "multi-issue research and educational institute/think tank" who, amongst other things, has been "working to raise awareness of the public and our political representatives of the problems posed by electronic touch-screen voting systems and how these might be corrected."
- - Progressive Democrats of Sonoma County. They also join both the national PDA and California Election Protectoin network in endorsing the declaration of "No Confidence" in the reported Busby/Bilbray Election results.
- - Clint Curtis. Vote-rigging whistleblower, election integrity advocate and now candidate in Florida's 24th congressional district. Curtis, whose extraordinary story was first broken here is running against Rep. Tom Feeney, the man who he claims had asked him to create vote-rigging software when they both worked for the same computer firm. Curtis has released an eloquent declaration of "No Confidence". Few know better than Curtis how easy it is to game these systems via electronic voting systems. As with the other candidates who've come out to declare "No Confidence" (see the list below), we recommend that you support him...as opposed to candidates and organizations who do not do so.
(ADDITIONAL NEWS FLASH: The Miami-Dade chapter of Democracy for America has just endorsed Clint!)
- - Among those already having declared "No Confidence":
- - It's also well worth noting again that San Diego's Republican radio host (and former mayor), Roger Hedgecock has also come firmly on board --- as I discovered while a guest on his program yesterday --- in calling for accountability in Busby/Bilbray as well. And he is an ardent Bibray supporter! Hedgecock will be guest hosting the Rush Limbaugh show tomorrow.