"The Senator from Massachusetts has given us ample grounds to doubt the judgment and the attitude he brings to bear on vital issues of national security. "
- Vice-President Dick Cheney, Speech at Westminster College, Fulton, MO, 4/26/2004
FLASHBACK! Previous judgement and attitude brought to bear on vital issues of national security by Cheney and Bush...:
"Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction."
- Vice-President Dick Cheney, Speech to VFW National Convention, 8/26/2002
"The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons."
- Commander-in-Chief George W. Bush, Cincinnati, Ohio Speech 10/7/2002
"After eleven years during which we have tried containment, sanctions, inspections, even selected military action, the end result is that Saddam Hussein still has chemical and biological weapons and is increasing his capabilities to make more. And he is moving ever closer to developing a nuclear weapon."
- Commander-in-Chief George W. Bush, Cincinnati, Ohio Speech, 10/7/2002
"In Iraq, a dictator is building and hiding weapons that could enable him to dominate the Middle East and intimidate the civilized world --- and we will not allow it."
- Commander-in-Chief George W. Bush, Speech to the American Enterprise Institute, 2/26/2003
"But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them."
- Commander-in-Chief George W. Bush, Interview with TVP Poland, 5/30/2003
NEXT WEEK: "It'll be a cakewalk! We'll be greeted as Liberators!"
WEEK AFTER: "We don't need the United Nations!"
WEEK AFTER THAT: "They'll be able to pay for their own reconstruction from oil revenues!"
WEEK AFTER WEEK AFTER THAT: "We can trust Chalabi!"