Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
There are more reports from Pennsylvania today regarding county’s mitigations for the failure of their voting system vendor, Advanced Voting Solutions, to get necessary changes through the federal test and certification phase. The problem is not with the counties or the state; the problem is all AVS. Yet the counties are trying to figure out what to do until their machines are alright for use and how they are going to pay for it. The state is commiserating with the counties and offering to pay the tab or a large part of the tab. Why is the bill not being paid by the people responsible for the failure? Why is AVS not being told to pay for any necessary actions by the counties? And why aren’t the League of Women Voters, Common Cause PA, and local and state election integrity groups joined together to demand that AVS pay the bill or get out of the state?
It looks like the Democrats may have failed again. The nomination of Hans von Spakovsky, and three other nominees, has passed out of the Senate Rules Committee with a “no recommendation.” His nomination now goes to the floor for debate (maybe). Sen. Nelson (D-NE) told the committee chair, Feinstein, that he would vote for von Spakovsky, thus going against a whole list of civil rights organizations and members of the House who are against the nomination of von Spakovsky. I guess von Spakovsky can share today’s “Enemy of Democracy” with his new bestest friend, Sen. Ben Nelson....
- NAtional: House Members Ask Senate Committee to Deny FEC Position to Partisan Hack
- NAtional: Dem Defection Sends Voter Fraud Guru to Full Senate
- NAtional: Democrats Pass the Buck to Full Senate on GOP 'Voter Fraud' Zealots FEC Nomination
- NAtional: Supreme Court to decide if Voter-ID laws are Unconstitutional
- NAtional: The Court Decides to Consider Voter ID: Good Grounds to Worry on the Morning After
- NAtional: McClatchy: Ohio, Florida Republicans Hoping to Cage Voters in '08 Election
- AL: Morgan County - Probate judge plans to put voting machines under watch in Morgan
- CA: CA Secretary of State Files Felony Charges for Fraudulent Signature Gathering on Ballot Initiative
- CA: Santa Clara County - No Election Day Voting Delay in Santa Clara County
- CT: Principal Tells Board Concerns About School as Polling Place
- FL: Nonprofits Challenge Two Florida Laws Regulating Voter Registration
- FL: Pinellas County - Pinellas voters get sneak preview of possible poll systems
- NY: NY asked to reject ATM-style voting machines
- OH: Hancock County - Loss of voting machines in Findlay flood may slow voters
- PA: Lackawanna County - With six weeks to go, voting still a mystery
- PA: Northampton County - Phase out schools as polling places
- PA: Wayne County leasing scanners for election
- PA: Westmoreland County - County's old voting machines going ... going ...
- Virgin Islands - U.S. Virgin Islands Constitutional Convention stalled in delegate election dispute over voting machine ballot design
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**