Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Today the Government Accountability Office (GAO) reported to a House Committee on the results of their investigation into the Nov. Congressional election in Florida D-13. The report is still being kept secret but the committee voted unanimously to go back and do more testing of the voting machines.
UPDATE FROM BRAD: The GAO report is now available. Details here.
For links to the rest of today's notable voting news stories, see below...
- NAtional: Editorial - Reasonable voter ID laws
- NAtional: Commentary - Elections Old And New
- NAtional: Data on overseas absentee ballots raise questions
- CA: Alameda County - Measure on Marijuana Regulation Back on Ballot
- CA: Alameda County - Judge Orders Sanctions, New Election in Measure R Case
- FL: Columnist - Bobbing right along from crisis to crisis
- FL: D-13 results report to be released today
- FL: D-13 - Testing continues on voting machines
- IN: Time for Randolph County to test new voting machines
- MI: Oakland County seeks more election workers
- NY: Election Supervisor Says Voting Process is Flawed
- OH: Improving Ohio Election Systems
- PA: Pen and Paper Ballots for Lackawanna County
- PA: Lackawanna County - Voters returning to 1930
- UT: Summit County - Parkite sues county, state over voting results
- VA: Ruling could change the landscape of Va. primaries
- WA: Supreme Court Hears Arguments in Washington Primary Case
- WA: State of Washington Defends Its Primaries Before Supreme Court
- WA: Justices question state's "top two" primary
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**