Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
An expert was included as part of a contingent present while the Kentucky State Board of Elections recertified the voting systems used in the state. His report to the state’s Attorney General is revealing and his recommendations would be good for most states.
As we reported yesterday, the GAO presented their report on the Sarasota Co., Florida, undervote to a committee of the House of Representatives. The report has been released and one researcher said, “We disagree that the prior test results adequately demonstrate that the voting systems could not have contributed to the undervote.” The GAO has been given authorization to accomplish three more tests prior to finalizing their inspection.
Those stories, and all the other notable voting news today, linked below...
- NAtional: Democrats prepare to battle voter fraud
- NAtional: The Senate Should Care About Truthful Witnesses
- AL: Pork Spending of Help America Vote Act Funds
- CA: Opinion - Election security that works
California should become its own vendor
- CA: Alameda County - Judge's ruling reflects county's election bumbling
- CA: San Joaquin County - County might upgrade elections
- CO: Summit County - New voting centers to debut locally in November election
- FL: Sarasota County - GAO Wants to Test Florida Voting Machines
- FL: Sarasota County - More tests called for in disputed District 13 election probe
- FL: Sarasota County - FL-13: GAO Finds Prior Tests Do NOT Offer 'Reasonable Assurance' That Touch-Screen Machines Were Not at Fault in Sarasota's November 2006 Election
- FL: Sarasota County - Congress orders new tests of voting machines
- FL: Sarasota County - More Tests Needed in Disputed Florida Race, Panel Says
- KY: Attorney General Stumbo Releases Expert’s Report to Improve Electronic Voting System Certifications
- NY: Another delay expected in N.Y. voting machine switch
- TX: Jasper County - HAVA changes face of election process for area residents
- UT: Complaint Filed Against Utah Top Election Official
- Ireland: E-voting plans hit by decision in Dutch court
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**