Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
“Daily Voting News” has now been in existence for close to four years. VotersUnite can use some help keeping it going for a while longer. We rely on the Election Integrity Community and those who have interest in elections to keep us funded. If you rely on DVN as a source for news and information on voting issues then we need your help. Go HERE and follow the links to make a donation. Any donation over $50 will receive a signed copy of “A Margin of Error: Ballots Of Straw” [NOTE: VotersUnite! is in affiliation with International Humanities Center, a nonprofit public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501[c](3) of the Internal Revenue Code.]
"It's probably true that among those who don't [have Photo ID], it's primarily elderly persons. And that's a shame. Of course...our society is such that minorities don't become elderly the way that white people do. They die first." - John Tanner, Chief of Civil Rights Section, Voting Unit, U.S. DoJ, today’s “Enemy of Democracy”.
Links to today's notable voting news stories follow below...
- NAtional: DoJ Voting Rights Chief Says 'It's a Shame' Elderly May be Disenfranchised by Photo ID Laws, But Minority Voters 'Don't Become Elderly, They Die First'
- NAtional: Former DoJ Officials Say Voting Chief's Comments on Photo ID 'False' 'Cherry Picked' 'Ludicrous'
- NAtional: Voters, don't trust computers
Electronic systems are unreliable; tampering is easy. State and federal action is needed to safeguard elections.
- AK: Alaska Lt. Governor Seeks Independent Review of State’s Voting System
- AZ: Press Release – League Opposes Arizona’s Efforts As Disenfranchising
- CA: Riverside County - Voters deserve a competent county registrar
- CA: Riverside County - Ballot-scanning device tested before election
- KY: and Ohio – Editorial - Changing the rules
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**