Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Broward Co Florida began testing their new ES&S optical-scan system allowing citizens and the media only two hours to view the process before removing them from the area. What are the county and ES&S afraid of?
Vigo Co Indiana just wrapped up their Logic and Accuracy Testing. The Tribune Star reporter who wrote about the testing reported that they ran “at least 10 ballots” through each optical-scan machine. In an email response to an email I sent her where I essentially said, “Huh!?” she reported that they ran 13 or 14 through most of the machines and 10 or 11 through another because they didn’t want to overload that machine. Logic and Accuracy testing was complete within 45 minutes according to the reporter. Again I ask, “Huh!?” and pass on a well deserved “Enemy of Democracy” award to Patricia Mansard, Vigo County Clerk....
- NAtional: Trouble with Touch Screens, Indeed
- NAtional: Nationwide Study Grades and Ranks Campaign Disclosure
in the 50 States
36 states pass, 14 fail, 21 earn higher grades
- CA: Riverside County - How is It That Barbara Dunmore Still Has a Job?
- CA: Riverside County - Dunmore insults and demeans Election Integrity advocate Paul Jacobs
- FL: Broward County - Tests begin on Broward's new vote machines
Testing started Tuesday on Broward's new voting machines. The equipment uses paper ballots instead of touch screens and will be launched in time for the elections in August 2008.
- FL: Palm Beach County - PBC to begin negotiations to purchase new optical-scan voting machines
- FL: Palm Beach County - Vote machine negotiations get go-ahead
- FL: Sarasota County - From Sarasota touch-screens to a Nobel Prize in economics
Before '07 honor, Nobelist helped his politically active parents analyze county's voting system
- IN: Marion County - Absentee ballots cause confusion
- IN: Vigo County automatic tabulation equipment goes through trial run before election
- MO: Boone County - Clerk worries about election expenses
- NC: NC's first experiment with instant runoff voting complete
- WA: King County - County wants state to set election audits
- Canada: Calgary - Automated vote count 'too costly'
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**