Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
The Butte Co California Clerk/Recorder is going to tell the county supervisors that elections will be more costly and complicated because of an “abuse of political power” by the SoS, Debra Bowen. The clerk, Candace Grubbs, uses the same arguments that her vendor, Diebold, used. She talks only about the security portion of the “Top-To-Bottom Review” and totally ignores that the review found her voting system to not be accessible. Source code and document reviews also found numerous violations of voting systems standards and numerous reasons why Ms. Grubbs's voting system should never have been certified by the state. I am pleased to present Candace Grubbs with today’s “Enemy of Democracy.”
That story, and the rest of today's notable voting news stories, all linked below as usual...
- NAtional: Will the election theft machine do it again in 08?
- CA: Butte County - County elections become more costly and more complicated
- FL: Lee County - Lee voters in for a change... again
- NY: Opinion - Equal voting access for disabled long overdue
- PA: Ballot machines still up for court review
- PA: Blair County - Ballot listings may create confusion
- PA: Centre County - Voting machines remain hot issue
- PA: Monroe County - When the blind lead the sighted
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**