Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
It’s just that simple. The vendors know they are selling defective, poorly designed, and insecure voting systems and previous attempts to inspect and qualify them for use have been nothing more than rubber stamps to get these systems out to unsuspecting customers. We need to support groups like VoterAction who are in the forefront of this “rage against the machines.”
That story, and today's other notable voting news, all linked below as usual...
- NAtional: Should Voting Machine Makers Be Sued Like Big Tobacco?
- NAtional: After years of use, e-voting gets first real federal testing guidelines
- NAtional: Listen up! VoteRescue Radio Sunday Nov. 4, 2-4pm CST
- NAtional: Blow Struck Against Machine with Secret Voting Software and Invisible Ballots
- NAtional: Bill To Ban DRE (Touch-Screen) Voting Machines Finally Introduced In Senate!
- CA: San Francisco - Voting systems could delay mayor's race results
- CA: San Francisco - Supes could revisit voting-machine contract
- CA: San Francisco - $12.6 million contract for new S.F. voting system is revived
- CA: San Francisco - Election '07: Electronic voting system overhauled
- CT: New voting technology faces biggest test
- DE: E-Vote: Delaware Provides Polling Place Information Using Google Maps
- FL: Sarasota County - Woman claims Supervisor of Elections influenced her vote
Sarasota County Sheriff to look into complaint
- GA: No ID? Votes cast can become castoffs
- KY: Democrats enlist 'vote protectors'
- OH: Columbiana County - Counting room door to be closed at elections office
- OH: Summit County - Thousands spent on unused ballots in Summit County
- PA: Crawford County - Double voting could get your vote thrown out
- PA: Fayette County - Court to determine need for election overseers
- PA: Lackawanna County - Single polling place for disabled voters set up
- PA: Lackawanna County - Ballot security stressed
- TX: Travis County - Judge: West Lake Hills election stands
Robin Vaughan had sued to overturn City Council vote results; mayor blames electronic voting.
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**