Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Today is a bit of housekeeping chores so please bear with me. First, tomorrow is election day for state and local positions and issues across most of the nation. As is normal the news for the next few days will be filled with machine failures and election officials and vendors blaming those failures on the voters or poll workers. Of course they neglect to say that if they had didn’t have the unreliable voting systems they have the voters and poll workers would not have problems. Also, I will be attending the “Claim Democracy” Conference in DC this coming weekend. I will do all I can to keep the flow of news going out to you but I may miss a day or two. I will do all I can to combine days or otherwise get the news out.
And with that, today's notable voting news stories are linked below as usual...
- NAtional: Editorial - Making every vote count
Our position: Nelson's bill to require paper ballots in elections makes good sense.
- NAtional: Editorial - In Defense of Voting Rights
- NAtional: Futurist: A Vote for Better Design
- NAtional: Risks of e-voting
- NAtional: Political Scientists Examine Voter Confidence in Electoral Administration, Make Recommendations
- AR: Clark County - County budget committee looks at election funding
- CT: Voters will test new optical-scan system
- CT: Many Voters Tuesday To Use Paper Ballots For First Time
- CT: Bridgeport Election Will Go Forward
- IL: East St. Louis Rehires Workers Convicted of Vote Fraud
- IN: Boone County - One more time
County will squeeze another election out of VTI machines
- MS: Officials predict smooth sailing for election
- NC: Fair-election advocates battle for turf
- OH: Editorial - Restore secrecy of the election ballot
- OH: Ohio Election Justice Campaign, Justified
- OH: Cuyahoga County Board of Elections to test new voting process to make voting move faster
- PA: Lackawanna County - Vote tally to run late
- PA: Northampton County voters to pull levers again
Officials switched back because new devices aren't fully tested.
- PA: York County - Write-in votes could delay naming winners in commissioners race
- WA: Kittitas County - No more going to the polls in Kittitas County
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**