Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Today’s DVN is a mixture of today’s news and some selected from the weekend’s news. Included in this are three articles from yesterday’s Daytona Beach News-Journal. When you read these articles ask yourself why the EAC would refuse to put out a warning. Diebold admits to the problem. Diebold has also as much as said they won’t warn other customers. The EAC spokesperson explains all that the EAC has done but only makes excuses as to why they feel they can turn their backs on a problem with 25,000 voting machines as if it will just go away. We should all let Ms. Layson and the EAC know our displeasure with this “head buried in the sand” attitude.
There were more ballots counted in East Haven Connecticut than voters who went to the polls. A hand-recount in a close mayoral election found a discrepancy between the machine total and the recount total. The good thing is this is the first election in which the state has used optical-scan so they have paper ballots to hand-count.
True to their ways, ES&S is turning the screws on New Mexico counties in order to get every tax-payer dollar from them....
- NAtional: 10 Questions
- NAtional: Info on voting flaws not shared
- NAtional: EAC spokeswoman answers questions about agency
- NAtional: Diebold official answers questions about voting machines
- NAtional: U.S. Election Assistance Commission Working Hard to Fail and Succeeding at It!
- NAtional: Columnist - Restoring Confidence in the Balloting Process
- NAtional: Opinion - Voting rights back on Justice's radar
- NAtional: Fifty states face voting machine lawsuits; “Uncounted” documents DRE issues
- NAtional: Rep. Holt Introduces Legislation to Establish National Standards for Counting Provisional Ballots
- NAtional: The Supreme Court, Face to Face with the Politics of Voter ID
- CA: Ranked-Choice Voting and Flawed Ballots Tax San Francisco's Election
- CO: County clerks sound alarm over 2008 election
- CO: Machine madness
Concerns about electronic balloting create turmoil for Colorado election officials in run-up to 2008 vote
- CO: Need to certify voting machines questioned
- CT: East Haven - Second Recount Set In East Haven
- CT: East Haven - Discrepancy in East Haven recount
- IA: Legislators work to make sure Iowa elections clean, fair
- MD: Does your home address begin with a '5'?
- NM: Voting machine maintenance bills draw criticism
- NY: New York State takes on the DOJ over e-voting
- OH: Lawrence County - Votes Flipped in Ohio Race that Used E-voting Machines
- PA: Lackawanna County - Dems: Next vote will be better
- PA: Lackawanna County - How election technology finally came full circle
- TX: Nacogdoches County - Elections costly to county
- UT: Utah County - Election software in Utah County confusing
- VA: Prince William County - Coercion of voters is alleged
- United Kingdom: Government rejects retreat on e-voting
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**