Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
“It doesn't always work that way. Ongoing problems with electronic vote-counting machines have eroded voter confidence and raised anxiety about the potential for tampering. In an era when voter-participation levels are already low, it's a problem local, state and federal leaders should confront.
“That effort should start with coordinated, national information-sharing. The U.S. Election Assistance Commission, created in 2004, was charged with creating a central clearinghouse detailing glitches, hardware problems and tampering attempts. That database has yet to be created. So when supervisors in Illinois or California --- or Volusia or Flagler counties --- want to know about potential problems with a system, their only recourse is to turn to the Internet. Grass-roots voting-accuracy advocates, to their credit, are operating informational Web sites, but elections officials should have an objective source to turn to --- especially since advocacy groups might not always have access to insider information about how an error occurred.”...
- NAtional: Editorial - Count the ways to restore confidence in elections
- NAtional: Reactions Counted at the Sold Out 'Uncounted' Premiere
- NAtional: Senate Bill Would Outlaw "Caging" as Voter Suppression Tactic
- NAtional: By the Numbers: Photo ID Poll Restrictions Disenfranchise Minority & Elderly (read: Democratic) Voters
- NAtional: New Study Examines Impact of Voter ID Laws
- CO: Mesa County - 'Too many cooks' in debate over how to obey vote-machine edict
- CT: Recount reaffirms GOP majority, but process criticized
- IN: Grant County – Opinion - All voting machines should be the same
- KY: Logan County - New voting method is way of the future
- MT: Cascade County - Officials look to mend vote-counting process
- NJ: Atlantic County - Freeholder panel to investigate election night vote-count glitch
- NJ: Camden County - Camden County finds missed votes
The court-ordered count did not change the outcome of any race.
- NJ: Camden County - Camco retrieves uncounted votes; results unchanged
- OH: Lawrence County - Company says human error cause of mixup
- OH: Putnam County - State oversight set for elections in Putnam County
- TX: Harris County - Election fixes stir worries on ballot security
Some fearful computer codes are vulnerable
- VA: Scott County - Voters Choose New Sheriff, School Board Members
- Overseas: US overseas voting hot topic at Madrid Conference
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**