Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Officials in Belmont Co Ohio tested the use of paper ballots and optical-scan at one precinct. The test was an attempt to see if elections could be held with less expense using paper ballots than using the county’s DREs. The test was a success so the county is now thinking about spreading the experiment to the whole county. One result of the test was that there were no lines because many voters can mark paper ballots all at the same time. Hopefully Belmont will tell their neighboring counties and they will experiment and tell their neighbors and we will suddenly have a paper ballot movement that will spread across the whole country and more and more counties will join in the “Rage against the Machines”....
- NAtional: VOTER ACTION CALLS FOR A FULL CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATION OF VOTING SYSTEMS COMPANIES
- NAtional: Swarthmore College Political Scientist Calls Voter ID Laws 'Democratic Emergency,' Joins Amicus Brief to Challenge Proposed Legislation
- CA: Ballot Petition Fraud Occuring in Support of California's Republican Electoral College Initiative?
- CA: San Francisco - Supervisors moving ahead on buying new voting machines
- CA: Tehama County - County urges absentee vote
Long lines expected at polls
- CO: Boulder County - Mail in 2008?
- CT: From the Crow's Nest: An election reflection
- CT: Secretary of the state launches random audits; EHartford, EWindsor, Somers, WLocks selected
- HI: New vote system could be delayed
The next setup’s cost might go over budget, an election official says
- NH: Candidates go for recounts despite the cost
- NJ: Voters still traveling on a paperless trail
- NM: San Juan County - County stuck with outdated voting machines
- NY: How Two Million Bucks Could Derail Open-Source Voting Machines in New York Elections
- NY: Ulster County - Paper ballots next year? State election official says they'd be impractical
- OH: Belmont County - More Paper At ’08 Polls
- OH: Putnam County - Election troubles abound
- PA: Lancaster County - Official: Elections office didn't prepare public for vote
- TX: Harris County - Why did it take a week for press to learn of eSlate "adjustments?"
- Canada: Ontario - Embattled Vaughan clerk fired
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**