Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Today California SoS Debra Bowen announced that she is suing ES&S for nearly $15M for selling uncertified voting machines to counties in the state. The total includes $9.72M for selling the 972 machines and $5M to reimburse the counties. This is the second suit announced in the past three weeks against ES&S and the third lawsuit to be announced against a voting machine vendor in that time period.
“How much does it cost to fix an election?” VotersUnite.Org has just received copies of a great new novel by Mark Coggins, mystery writer and Shamus and Barry award-nominated author of the August Riordan series. We were honored to have been asked to review the book a few months ago and our review included the following opinion; “What could be better than a fun fiction about the real dangers of electronic voting? Coggins shows us that elections can be hacked and the cover-up can be murder.” The book is gripping and laugh-out-loud funny in places and it is another example of the fact that election integrity is no longer conspiracy theory from “tin-foil hats”. Read more about the book at VotersUnite.Org and help us out with a $50 or more donation and get a copy of the book as a premium. You help VotersUnite continue our valuable work and you get a great book. [Note: VotersUnite! is in affiliation with International Humanities Center, a nonprofit public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501[c](3) of the Internal Revenue Code.] ...
- NAtional: Solving the Election Crisis: Should We Consider a Constitutional Amendment?
- CA: Secretary of State Debra Bowen Sues ES&S Over Sale of Unauthorized Equipment to California Counties
- CA: Statement of Findings and Decision of the Secretary of State to Seek Relief Against Election Systems & Software, Inc. (ES&S) Regarding the Automark A200
- CA: Voting-machine company fined millions
- CA: Calif. secretary of state to sue company over voting machines
- CO: State voting group urges paper ballots
- CO: Colorado Voter Group Wants Polling Place Elections With a Few Adjustments
- FL: Sarasota County - Opinion – Concerned Voters Get Involved
Upward from the grass roots
- LA: St. Tammany Parrish - Covington-area residents erroneously barred from tax vote
- MS: Wilkinson County - Attorney: Officials to take 5th in voting irregularities case
- NY: Opinion - Counting on Chaos at the Polls
- NY: Essex County - SPECTRUM: Voting machines raised ire both now and then
New electronic election machine earns no-confidence vote
(NOTE: Be sure to follow the “Read More” arrows for more of this article)
- OH: Hamilton County voting system beats Cuyahoga's in timeliness
Cincinnati area's switch to optical scans brings timelier results
- PA: Northampton County to sue over voting machines
Units could not be used because of testing, approval issues.
- SC: South Carolina Primary Will Use Paperless E-voting
- SD: Columnist - Kranz: not a Diebold
S.D. doesn't use controversial voting machines targeted in lawsuit
- WA: King County - Certification delay could stall all-mail voting in King County
- WI: Area communities boost election budgets
Municipalities try to anticipate escalating costs
- WI: Bill would increase election mandates for Wisconsin communities
Proposed law requires paper records, audits
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**