Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
The city of San Francisco filed their lawsuit against ES&S today. The city charges the vendor with a panoply of misdeeds including fraud, breach of contract, negligent misrepresentation and multiple violations of California's Elections Code, False Claims Act and Unfair Competition Law. In a press release concerning this lawsuit the City Attorney, Dennis Herrera, had this to say...
This lawsuit is on top of the suit filed yesterday by the state against ES&S for nearly $15M.
Diebold’s memory card failures have happened in Connecticut as well as in Florida. How many more states will have the same problems?
Those stories, and many more, all linked below...
- NAtional: Provisional Ballot Problems Widely Reported in 2006, New Report Finds; Administrative Errors, Poor Training, Voter Roll Problems Urged to Be Fixed Before Election 2008
- CA: Bowen seeks nearly $15 million from voting machine company
- CA: E-Vote: Secretary of State Sues Company Over Sale of Unauthorized Voting Equipment to California Counties
- CA: Bowen Sues Over Voting Machines
- CA: California suing Nebraska voting machine maker for $15 million
- CA: State sues over voting equipment
Lawsuit alleges 972 uncertified machines were sold for use in five counties
- CA: Suit claims voting units illegally sold
- CA: California sues voting machine maker
- CA: Calif. secretary of state sues e-voting vendor over hardware changes
The state believes design mods mean devices must be recertified
- CA: Voting machine maker sued by Secretary of State
- CA: Los Angeles County - County wants state OK for vote-count system
- CA: "Extremely troubling questions"
Herrera sues voting systems company
- CA: San Francisco sues voting machine vendor
- CA: San Francisco - S.F. sues voting-machine vendor
- CT: Diebold Optical-Scan Failures Reported in Florida May be Affecting Connecticut As Well
- FL: Palm Beach County - Florida's newest ballot issue
- GA: Clayton County - Transgender candidate misled voters, suit alleges
City clerk is also accused of tampering with vote machines
- MT: Flathead County - Hand Count Shows McGrew and Askew Even
Whitefish Council a Tie
- NH: Town clerks await primary date; Delay affects ballots, budgets and poll workers
- NY: Premature switch
Green against federal voting machine change
- WA: King County - All-mail elections could face a delay
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**