Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Recently we were asked to answer some questions sent to us by someone in Wharton Co Texas concerning vote-switching. In the Wharton Co situation votes for a GOP candidate were switched on the touchscreen to the Democratic candidate. In doing a little research I looked at machine malfunctions over the past year with regard to ES&S Ivotronic DREs and chose Pennsylvania I was reminded that in Nov. 2006 there were reports from 12 counties that used Ivotronic machines of vote-switching and in every case the votes were from GOP to Democratic candidates. The inaccurate, unreliable voting systems sold to state and county election officials were sold simply due to the greed of the vendors. The machines need to be recalled sooner and not later and replaced by paper ballot supported voting systems....
- NAtional: Report – Demos: A Fallible ‘Fail-Safe’
An analysis of provisional balloting problems in the 2006 election
- NAtional: Barack Obama: Indiana Voter ID Law Unconstitutional
- NAtional: Voter ID Fraud Doesn’t Exist Says ACORN
- NAtional: "Transparent and Well-regulated Elections": Part 1 on Language in a Free and Fair Elections Amendment
- NAtional: LegAlert: Universal Vote-by-Mail
- CA: Los Angeles County – Editorial - Acting quickly on voting machines
California Secretary of State Debra Bowen should avoid stoking conspiracy theories and uncertainty by assessing InkaVote Plus.
- CA: Los Angeles County - Voting system called vulnerable
- FL: Pinellas County - Suit a red flag on voting machines
Pinellas commissioners will consider buying the scan system today.
- FL: Sarasota County - Voting machines in D-13 put to test
- FL: Sarasota County - Voting machines get more tests in Sarasota
- GA: Clayton County - Riverdale OKs runoff despite allegations of fraud
Suit accuses transgender candidate of misrepresenting herself.
- IN: Delaware County - GOP seeks recount in close Muncie mayor's race
- IN: Delaware County - Republicans allege corruption in mayor election
Democrats deny the allegations, saying corrupting the vote would have been impossible with Republicans in control of the election process.
- KS: Saline County - County pleased with electronic voting machines
- NC: Buncombe County - Recount in Asheville City Council race shows little change
Challenger Russell should take seat Dec. 11
- NY: New York vs. the Department of Justice Dilemma
- OH: Editorial - Onus on secretary of state to reassure voters in Ohio
- TX: Report: Some Non-Citizens Voting In U.S. Elections
- VA: Hanover County - Ashland vote recount slated for Dec. 11
Independent candidate lost to Republican by less than 1 percent of votes
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**