Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Over 100 computer science and social sciences faculty from more than 20 colleges and universities across the state of New York have signed a letter to the governor, legislature and local election officials to urge them to replace the state’s lever machines with optical-scan machines.
Our friends in New Jersey have an urgent request for people from throughout the US to call the Governors office and ask Gov. Corzine to call off his Attorney General who wants to gut S-507 which many consider to be model legislation for post-election audits. Read about the bill and action Here
The GOP in Wharton Co Texas has taken the step to tell the county election office that their primary will be done using paper ballots and not the county's vote switching Ivotronics.
Those stories, and the rest of today's notable voting news items, all linked below...
- NAtional: Moonshine America? Collapse of the 'Trust Me' elections model
- NAtional: Voting Can Be a Real Battle For U.S. Troops and Others Overseas in the 2008 Primaries
- NAtional: "Uncounted: The New Math of American Elections" and the Power of One
- CA: Columnist - Campaigns altered by mail voting
- CA: Bay Area mail ballots to be big factor in February, poll indicates
- FL: Seminole County - Touchscreen Ballots Out For Next Election
- MS: Federal appeals court asked to delay Miss. party registration, ID mandate
- NC: Electronic voting a decade away
- NJ: URGENT!!! New Jersey Election Audit Bill Needs OUR Help!
- NJ: New Jersey Voters Deserve Verifiable Elections
- NY: Faculty Speak Out on the Future of New York State’s Voting Technology
An Open Letter to the Governor, Legislature and Local Boards of Elections
- NY: New York: Professors Call for Optical Scan Systems to Replace Lever Voting Machines
- NY: College professors come out against new voting technology
- NY: Editorial - Say No to Computerized Voting Machines
- NY: Editorial - Time to act on voting machines
- NY: Opinion - Will Your Vote Be Counted?
- OH: Franklin County - Former Franklin County elections official charged
Prosecutors allege illegal conflicts of interest, lying
- TX: Texas legislation targeting non-citizen voting planned
- TX: Wharton County - GOP in Wharton County back to old ballots
They'll use paper in primary after complaints on vote machines
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**