Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Last month 108 voters went into the voting booth to vote on a school bond referendum and walked away without voting at all; or that’s what the county is questioning. The votes were cast on ES&S iVotronic DREs. The total undervotes was less than 2% of the 6,252 total ballots cast but about 8% in some precincts.
The Pima Co Arizona lawsuit goes to court tomorrow. That suit, if the results go our way, should provide a lot of information about elections and the voting machines being used across the country.
There is also a great review of “Margin of Error, Ballots of Straw”. We have a couple copies left which we would be happy to send out as a premium in exchange for a $50 donation. [Note: VotersUnite! is in affiliation with International Humanities Center, a nonprofit public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501[c](3) of the Internal Revenue Code.] ...
- NAtional: Tic Toc Tic Toc "Margin of Error, Ballots of Straw" Tic Toc Tic Toc
- NAtional: Another Report to the EAC Buried?
- NAtional: Republicans in Texas County Reject Paperless Primary
But Voters in South Carolina and 12 Other States Will Vote on Paperless Voting Machines
- AZ: Arizona Lawsuit a Crystal Ball Into 2008 Presidential Vote Count
- CA: Opinion - Mulling the all-mail vote
- CA: Opinion - The year of the vote
Californians will be busy, and should be fully engaged in, three 2008 elections
- CA: Opinion - Safeguarding the election system
- CA: Secretary of state casts doubt on future of electronic voting
- CA: Opinion - My sixth sense: I see dead people, voting
- CT: Norwich, New London In State's Election Audit
- FL: Editorial - Write new recount law for new voting method
- IL: Citizenship in sight, but then she voted
Immigrant says registering, then casting ballot were innocent errors, not reason for deportation
- IN: Elections officials side against Voter ID law
- NJ: N.J. Needs 6 More Months To Retrofit Electronic Voting Machines
The Senate State Government Committee Will Debate The Request Monday
- NJ: Landmark NJ Election Audit Bill Out of Committee --- AS WRITTEN!
- NY: Editorial - Voting tech still lags
Despite deadlines, New York voters won’t see much change by primaries
- NJ: State needs more time to retrofit electronic voting machines
- NY: The DOJ and New York State – Part 2
DOJ Calls for Chaos at NYS Polls in 2008
- OH: Opinion - Elect voting technology that works
- OH: More Hamilton County ballots counted
- SC: Florence County - Blank ballots in referendum remain a mystery
- VA: Stafford County - High Tech Voting Machines Out, Paper Ballots In
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**