Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Sequoia Voting Systems should be very happy today. Palm Beach Co Florida signed a non-bid contract with the company for 1001 precinct based optical scan machines. The contract is worth $5.5M. One has to wonder what the vendor may be holding over the heads of the county commissioners to get them to not take bids and not bargain for the best price.
NJ State Senator Nia Gill will be on Voice of the Voter Radio again tomorrow night to discuss the NJ statistical audit bill, S.507, which was reported out of committee yesterday, as written and amended by Senator Gill....
- NAtional: Flash: NJ S. 507 Out of Committee 12/3/07!!!
- NAtional: Midwestern Election Systems Exposed
- NAtional: The Stunning Reality of Voter Fraud
- NAtional: Managers developing anxiety about nation's 2008 elections
- NAtional: The FEC On its Sick(Death?) Bed
- NAtional: Who is your e-machine voting for? UnCounted offers disturbing anwers
- NAtional: Part 2: "...anonymous voter-marked ballots"
- AZ: Diebold Tabulation Software Goes on Trial in Pima County, Arizona
- AZ: Pima County - Trial begins in Pima County election tampering
- CA: Latest voting system analysis from California
- CA: Riverside County - Residents should make voices heard
- CO: Mesa County - County moves to lease 130 vote machines
- FL: Palm Beach County - Commissioners approve contract for 1,001 optical-scan machines
- FL: Palm Beach County sticks with Sequoia for optical scanners
- FL: Palm Beach County - Preemptive buck-passing on voting machines
- IL: Study says nonpartisan director should replace elections board
Researchers at Ohio college say system too ‘decentralized’
- IN: State of Indiana Files Brief in United States Supreme Court Case
- IN: Delaware County - Judge grants recount, names commission
A time and place had not been established for the recount as of Monday.
- NJ: Bill would postpone deadline for 'paper trail' on voting machines
- NJ: Voting machine changes primary cause for deadline extension
- NJ: Panel OKs more time on ballots verification
- NJ: NJ S.507 and VVPAR Bills on Voice of the Voters Radio Again 12/5
- OH: Editorial - 50 ways to reform Ohio elections
- OH: OSU experts urge Ohio to scrap its elections system
- OH: 'Poster child for reform'
Ohio's election system still problematic
- VA: Column: Election restrictions intimidate voters
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**