Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
For election watchers there will be a special congressional election next week in northwest Ohio. There will also be another congressional election in Virginia at the same time. In the Virginia election voters are being given their choice between DRE or paper ballots.
Goshen New York held an election on a $70M school bond issue and brought out two lever machines to count the votes. As the counters on both machines hit 999, they each rolled back to 000 like an overused car odometer. The question that will never be answered is, for which side were those 1,998 votes cast?
Those stories, and the rest of today's notable voting news, all linked below...
- NAtional: U.S. Voter Confidence Is Linked To Positive Voter Experience, According To New Colorado State Study
- NAtional: Voter confidence linked to positive voter experience
- AZ: Pima County - Election Integrity on Trial in Pima County: Day Two Summary
A Courtroom Report as Pima County Democrats Seek Public Records Access to Diebold Election Databases
- CA: San Francisco - S.F. supervisors' panel backs Sequoia voting machines
- CA: San Francisco – SF still counting votes from November election
- CA: San Francisco’s Final Election Results Delayed Again
- CA: San Francisco - Supes near voting machine contract
- CT: Advantages of new voting machines uncertain
- MO: Indiana Voter ID case gets close attention in Missouri
- NJ: Paper record deadline extended to June 2008: Audit bill to count random election results approved
- NJ: Integrity of voting machines questioned
SCI criticizes no-bid purchasing by counties
- NJ: Report: Voting machines 'vulnerable to abuse'
- NJ: Voting Machines Vulnerable?
- NJ: Poll turnout in state one of the lowest
- NY: Elections Official Wants to Help Troops at War Vote
- NY: Goshen - Results of Goshen school vote on $70M bond are lost forever
- OH: State hopes vote counting fixed for special Congressional race
- OH: Knox County - Board recounts votes from election
- TX: Milam County - Viewpoint: Electronic voting machines should be banned
- VA: Paper ballots an option for Dec. election
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**