Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
While the Secretary of State of Ohio, Jennifer Brunner, is asking Cuyahoga Co to look into changing over to optical-scan and paper ballots for future elections. It’s probably time for the county to tell Diebold/Premier to bring in a large garbage truck and pick-up the trash. Then file a lawsuit for misrepresenting their product as something that would work.
Those stories, and all the other notable voting news today, linked below...
- NAtional: "Election Integrity" Feeding Frenzy Zeros In On Proof-of-Citizenship Requirements
- AZ: Pima County - Record of votes in '06 RTA election missing
Tape may confirm whether results were altered
- AZ: Pima County - Election Integrity on Trial in Pima County: Day Three Summary
A Courtroom Report as Pima County Democrats Seek Public Records Access to Diebold Election Databases
- CA: Monterey County - High cost for hand vote count
Registrar report: Elections chief estimates $560,000 more for manual tally
- CA: Vallejo - Recount names a new winner in Vallejo mayor race
- IN: Delaware County - Mayoral recount to start next week
- NY: Goshen School District's $70M bond vote to be voided
- OH: Cuyahoga County - Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner wants new voting system for Cuyahoga
- OH: Mahoning County - And the winners are ... (wait) ... (wait) ...
- PA: Northampton County - Official: State offering funds to help county get new voting system
- PA: Northampton County - County hunts for new voting machines for 2008 election
- TX: Lubbock County - Lubbock leads counties in new election format
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**