Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
According to reports from Vigo Co Indiana, where there is a recount being held for Terre Haute mayor, a court-appointed recount commission is seated to oversee the process. State law, according to the news report, requires that one of the three members of that commission be a representative of the voting system vendor. So ES&S is overseeing the recount of ballots. It is time the people take back our elections. No vendor should be allowed to be contracted to take over counting votes or sitting on commissions that make decisions in our elections.
Is Cuyahoga Co Ohio being set-up to fail yet again? That is the question being asked and answered in a blog from a county voter. Just why is Brunner suggesting to the county that they totally overhaul their voting system before the March primary?...
- NAtional: Rep. Holt To Offer New Election Reform Proposal
- NAtional: Paralyze The FEC? Splendid.
- NAtional: The U.S. Government on Voter Photo ID: The Argument from "Corruption"
- NAtional: DoJ Argues for Voter ID Law in Supreme Court Case
- NAtional: Karen Handel jumps into the U.S. Supreme Court case on voter ID
- NAtional: EAC Releases 2006 Election Day Survey Results
- CA: Five counties may use contested voting machines in February
- CA: Solano County - Vallejo mayor to request hold on race he lost by 2 votes in recount
- CA: Solano County - Vallejo recount results opposed
- GA: At least 57 lacked photo IDs in November elections
- GA: Primary to gauge ID rules
- GA: Coalition opens voter hotline in advance of GA's primary
- IA: Washington County - Fredrick says voting equipment is good
- IN: Vigo County - Recount commission gets new member
- MA: Worcester - Election technology needs update
Vendor won’t service city’s current system
- MN: Minnesota's Election Day Registration Draws Young People To The Polls
- MO: Boone County - Federal mandates raise local election costs
- MS: Greenville - Problems at polling places make election a nightmare for some voters
- OH: Cuyahoga County - Has Cuyahoga been set up for failure?
- TN: Voters: Demand a verifiable voting process
- WV: Belmont County Considers Voting by Mail
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**