Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
It looks like counties in Southern California like to hire election officials who have failed in their jobs elsewhere. Michael Vu, the Cuyahoga Co Ohio election director who was run out of the state ended up as the number two in the San Diego Co election office. Now Los Angeles Co has named Dean Logan, who failed miserably while the elections director in King Co Washington (Seattle) as their interim elections director to replace Connie McCormack who was run out of Texas years ago.
California counties who have the AutoMark A200 machines have been told by the state that they can now use those machines. The lawsuit against ES&S will continue.
More bad news for ES&S as San Francisco is changing vendors to Sequoia Voting Systems. ...
- NAtional: National Election Survey Reveals Interesting Stats
- NAtional: Editorial - Will the Supreme Court Decide the 2008 Election?
- NAtional: The Ghost Of Gonzales: Justice Dept Still Backs Controversial Voter ID Law
- CA: Los Angeles County - Acting registrar-recorder appointed amid concerns
- CA: San Francisco - SF Supervisors approve new voting system
- CA: San Francisco - Voting machines approved in time for next election
- CA: San Joaquin County - S.J. will shell out $800K for voting gear
County reverting to paper ballots for 2008 elections
- CA: Solano County - County voting machines OK'd for use
- CA: Solano County - Official OKs use of controversial voting machines
- FL: Request for new voting system gets approval in Indian River County
- FL: State: Voter fraud must be fought
- GA: The ballot is still out on Ga. voter IDs
The state's effort to assure that everyone can vote hasn't been without some snags.
- IL: Kane County - Cost estimates rising for special election
- MS: Harrison County - County OKs cost-saving election buys
- OH: Cuyahoga County - Rise Of The Machines
Ohio Takes The "Better Late Than Never' Approach To E-voting System Review
- OK: Cleveland County - Voting in the dark: Election continued despite lack of power
- VA: Nelson County - Recount over, but not debate
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**