Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
A very busy day today. There are still articles about the EVEREST report completed in the state of Ohio. Based on that report, recommendations were made to Cuyahoga County to change their voting system and vendor from DREs by Premier to central-count optical scan by ES&S. It appears that the county is going to do the correct thing and not make any rash decisions. They should probably make some changes but not a wholesale change of vendors and certainly not when that vendor is ES&S. A final decision will be made later this week.
This afternoon the state of Colorado announced that they were decertifying all voting machines and peripherals from ES&S as well as the Sequoia Edge II and Edge II Plus and optical scan systems provided by Hart Intercivic. Voting systems from Premier, optical scan and peripherals from Sequoia and DREs and peripherals from Hart were conditionally certified.
Also two amicus briefs were filed today in the NY v. DOJ case....
- NAtional: Stateside: Prelude to the 2008 Elections, Part 1
- CO: E-voting machines tossed for '08
- CO: More than half of state's voting machines unsafe or inaccurate
- CO: Voting Machines For Major Counties Decertified
Machines Have Problems With Security, Accuracy, Secretary Of State Says
- CO: Voting machines banned over accuracy concerns
- CO: BREAKING: Colorado's Republican Sec. of State Decertifies E-Voting Machines After Failed Testing
- FL: Sumter County - Sumter elections office updating voting procedures
- IA: Latest report on Iowa Caucus protections
- IN: Columnist - Mark Bennett: Voting-booth vacancy? Who cares?
- NM: Dona Ana County - ID restrictions may deter some voters, delay others, officials fear
- NY: Hand-Counting Paper Ballots Proposed In NY District Court
- NY: I am Voter Hear Me Roar: Meet the New York Amici
- NY: Amicus Filed in Federal - NY State Lawsuit Over Voting Machines
- NY: Cuomo Fighting Voting Machine Law
- NY: NYVV files Amicus Brief in DOJ vs. NYS Lawsuit
- OH: Brunner's recommendations long on money, short on transparency
- OH: Wanna Change Votes in Ohio? Use a PDA and a Magnet
- OH: Opinion - Vulnerable machines
- OH: 2008: The year of hack the vote?
- OH: Editorial - Don't rush to judgment
Voting-systems report should be subjected to careful review
- OH: Ohio Finds All E-Voting Machines In The State Had Serious Flaws
from the no-surprise-there dept
- OH: 'Critical' flaws in voting systems worry Ohio
- OH: Surprise: Ohio's e-voting machines riddled with critical security flaws
- OH: OH Sec. of State: ditch e-voting machines.
- OH: Ohio e-voting system security bashed in new state report
Problems threaten the integrity of future elections, officials say
- OH: Cuyahoga County - Board struggles with voting technology
- OH: Cuyahoga County - Brunner's plan gets cool reception in Cuyahoga County
- OH: Cuyahoga County - Ohio County Mulls Over Voting Systems
Cuyahoga Board Struggles With Voting Technology Decision
- TN: Panel recommends changes for electronic voting in Tennessee
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**