Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Meanwhile Pennsylvania has joined other states which have read the Colorado reports and decided that any testing done in Colorado does not apply to their state even though they use the same machines.
West Virginia says that even though they use machines that were decertified in Colorado they just don’t know enough to decide whether to get rid of them.
Editorials and Op-Eds from Ohio papers are mixed. The opinions of the papers surely echo the opinion of the county election offices rather than an opinion made after research and education.
Those stories, and the rest of today's voting news, all linked below...
- CO: Clerks call for mail-in votes in '08
- CO: Opinion - Boucher: Paper ballots something to believe in
- CO: Opinion - Pomerance: Making the voting process transparent
- CO: Montrose County - Montrose in bind after vote-machine decision
- FL: Opinion - Will court decide 2008 election, too?
- NY: Tools to Help Disabled Vote Are on Way
- NY: NYC: Disabled-access voting machines for all poll spots by Sept.
- OH: EVEREST a "Light at the End of the Elections Tunnel?"
- OH: Editorial - Flaws in Ohio's voting system demand immediate attention
- OH: Costs keep adding up for elections
Brunner wants to dump touch-screen machines
- OH: Butler County - Report raises concerns for county officials
As the state considers voting system improvements, Butler officials think it will be difficult to make changes in 2008.
- OH: Lake County needs equity for machines
- OH: Loraine County – Opinion - Our View: Call for massive change in Ohio's voting system a waste, lacks real basis
- PA: Touch screens keep state's vote
Despite Colorado ban, electronic ballots to stay here
- WV: UPDATE — W.Va. may keep iffy voting machines, the same kind Colo. booted
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**