Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
VotersUnite would like to express our gratitude to all who have assisted us in the past year. We truly appreciate your support and friendship. We would like to wish you all the best for the New Year. While great strides were made this past year, unfortunately, it takes the failures of the voting machine vendors for us to get some people to listen; but they are beginning to hear now and actions are being taken. We have a very busy year in front of us with primary elections and then the general election in November. Unfortunately this year may be another “Train Wreck.” Hopefully this will be the last. We hope you have a better year than last.
And with that, today's notable voting news stories are all linked below as usual...
- NAtional: Voter ID Law Heads to Supreme Court
- NAtional: Editorial - Uphold voter ID laws
Casting a ballot shouldn't be less secure than cashing a check
- NAtional: Build trust in electronic voting
Colorado, Ohio, and other states must tackle security risks found in electronic voting machines.
- CO: Columnist - Morgan Liddick: If Kyrgyzstan can have a fair election, can't we?
- CO: Electronic Voting Is Questioned
- CO: Editorial - Coffman’s right
- CO: Legal action to protect voting produces pickle
Counties left without a balloting method
- IA: Election Integrity Concerns in the Iowa Democratic and Republican Caucuses
- IN: Marion County - In future elections, you may have a new polling place
- NY: Opinion - Voting compliance lags
State election commissioners should act to comply with election reform law
- NY: Opinion - Very model of a big mess
NY’s noncompliance with Help America Vote Act verges on comic opera
- OH: Elections chief wants to test voting centers
Centralized polling places would decrease number of locations, increase days
- OH: Electronic voting machine problems hard to compute
- OH: Opinion - Secretary of State's report should be carefully considered
- OH: Tests in Ohio Point to E-voting Insecurities
- OH: Area officials cast doubt on proposed changes
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**