Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Here we are back at work. It appears that the mainstream media are waking up and beginning to do their normal pre-election questioning of voter registration data bases and voting machines. We’ll be keeping our eyes on what is being reported and then passing those articles on to you. Counties across the nation should be getting their paper ballots and ballot programming soon and we will then begin to hear about all of the misprints and incorrect programming. One of the big questions will be how many ES&S customers will end up threatening law suits for failure to provide ballots, software, and memory cards. It is going to be a busy and interesting year right through the elections.
Today's many notable voting stories, are all linked below as usual...
- NAtional: AP Covers Election Integrity, Quotes Election Integrity Advocate at Top of Story!
- NAtional: States Scramble To Address E-Voting Concerns
- NAtional: Legal voters thrown off rolls
Database woes could be 'sleeper issue of 2008'
- NAtional: Problems at polls permeate U.S. political process
- NAtional: Voting Activists Urge Presidential Candidates to Reject Unverifiable Primaries
- NAtional: U.S. Supreme Court To Review Indiana Voter ID Law
- NAtional: Election theft won't be tolerated: Obama
- NAtional: Voter ID Law Heads to Supreme Court
- NAtional: CNN: On the eve of Iowa caucus, some states give e-voting an 'F'
- NAtional: Voting Groups Urge Presidential Candidates to Demand Paper Ballots for Upcoming Primaries
- CA: Eager to vote but stuck in citizenship process
Application surge and long waits mean some Americans-to-be may miss the fall election.
- CA: Riverside County - Change remained constant on voting front
- CO: Our View: Vote of no confidence
- CO: The grinch who stole elections
- CO: Ouray County – Editorial - Voting machines: what it all means
- CO: Ouray County - Voting trust Until machines are proven reliable, mail-in must be used
- FL: Pasco County - Electronic Voter Registration
- GA: For many, voter ID is a matter of political strategy
- IA: ACTIONS: Monitoring Iowa Caucus and other primaries
- KS: Elections official says touch screens no problem locally
- NC: Paper trail on voting devices a bumpy road
Elections officials contend machines are reliable; critics say jams are proof of flaws
- NC: NC Election Officials Working to Avoid Potential Paper Jams
- OH: Brunner says election system could be overhauled by November
- OH: Ohio might test new polling concept at primary
Official would extend voting days, centralize locations in a few counties before going statewide
- OH: Cuyahoga County - Will Cuyahoga County's New Voting System be Ready for Primary?
- PA: New vote system funded
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**