Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Liberty voting systems is not able to take NO! for an answer. Liberty is the company that sold hundreds of thousands of Euros' worth of voting machines to Ireland only so those machines could be found to be insecure and to have them stored since delivery in warehouses across the country; and the company whose voting machines have been banned in its home country of Holland. Last week the New York State Board of Elections chose not to allow the use of any DRE voting machines for persons with disabilities, thus leaving Liberty with nowhere to sell its machines. Yesterday Liberty decided to ignore the decision and turn to the courts, so it filed a temporary restraining order in an attempt to get the courts to change the decision made by the state. Last night the court found against the company and refused to issue an immediate restraining order. A further proceeding will now take place on Thursday. The utter gall of this company that sells voting machines that can’t be used in its home country and that are gathering dust in Ireland is amazing.
There will be a report, in this space, on the Florida primary tomorrow....
- NAtional: In Too Many Elections, Voters Remain 'Uncounted,' Miscounted or Denied the Right to Vote, As Filmmaker David Earnhardt Shows Us
- NAtional: Voting with (Little) Confidence
Experts say that when it comes to voting machines, usability issues should be as much of a concern as security.
- NAtional: Are states ready for the 2008 election?
- NAtional: BuzzFlash Interview with 'Uncounted' Filmmaker, David Earnhardt
PLUS: Why Machine-Printed Ballots and So-Called 'Paper Trails' are ALWAYS a No-Go if You Wish to Have Verifiable Elections...
- NAtional: Q&A: "There Is Such a Thing as Technology Overkill"
Interview with Dr. Avi Rubin, expert on e-voting
- AZ: Pima County - Ballots online: Can do but may be forbidden
- CA: Instant Runoff Voting Delayed
- CA: Sonoma County - Problems with mail-in ballots
- CA: Sutter County - It will be voters' choice
- CO: Johnson urges letter to Ritter
Lawmaker criticizes paper ballot proposal
- CT: Connecticut: Bysiewicz Prepared To Eliminate Manual Recoun
- FL: Editorial - Change primary system
- FL: Touch-screen mysteries
- FL: Some problems crop up in Florida vote
- FL: Election chiefs warned about voting 'glitch'
- FL: Voting glitches reported in Florida
- FL: Broward County - Federal monitors will watch over polling sites
- FL: Broward County – Florida Voting Problems
- FL: Hillsborough County - Hillsborough Hires PR Firm To Explain New Voting Machines
- FL: Martin County - Voting going smoothly as election day begins
- FL: Miami-Dade County - Glitches blemish S. Fla. voting
- FL: Palm Beach County - Notable glitches mar otherwise smooth voting in Palm Beach County
- FL: Palm Beach County - Voting underway; with a disruption in Kings Pointe
- FL: Palm Beach County - Rush Limbaugh has trouble voting
- FL: Sarasota County - Problems with new voting machines reported in two precincts
- FL: Sarasota County - Problems with voting machines; reaction mixed on tax amendment
- FL: Volusia County - Canvassing board orders another count of early ballots
- FL: Volusia County - Voters Report Problems In Florida
- IA: Area voting machines fine with state
- IN: Marion County - Special election ballots to be tallied at central site
Clerk defends plan to eliminate scanners at polls after GOP expresses concern
- MN: Columnist - Nick Coleman: Every vote counts - unless, of course, it doesn't
- NY: They’re Baaaack…
DRE Vendor Demands Court Restraining Order
- NY: Next challenge for New York: Run better elections than New Hampshire
- NY: Editorial: New York closer to better voting machines
- NY: Monroe County Has to Move Fast on Voting Machines
- NY: Tompkins County - Elections board picks optical scan machine
- OH: If It’s Broke; Don’t Fix It
- OH: Cuyahoga County - ACLU asks federal court to block paper ballots in Ohio county
- OH: Cuyahoga County - ACLU wants to keep Cuyahoga from using new voting system for primary
- OH: Lucas County - Ohio will review complaints about elections board
- PA: Lackawanna County - Voters association says paper ballots best for primary
- PA: Northampton County - No worries over voting machine challenge
- VA: Lawmakers wonder if state election laws are tough enough
- Germany: Security of Voting Machine in German State Election Questioned
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**