Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Counties are still making decisions on their voting systems of the future. Wayne Co Pennsylvania has opted for central-count optical scan machines provided by ES&S and AutoMark for accessibility. This decision was forced on the county when Advance Voting Solutions could not get their DRE system through testing and EAC certification. Meanwhile officials in Cuyahoga Co Ohio have decided to lease a central-count optical scan system, including 15 op-scan machines, from ES&S. There is no mention, yet, as to what the county will do for accessibility....
- NAtional: Biggest-Ever Primary Day Poses Hurdles
- NAtional: Fortify Offers States Analysis of Voting Machines
Secretaries of State are offered free source code analyzer to ensure security of state-owned electronic voting systems
- NAtional: Six states at “high” risk for voting machine mishaps on Super Tuesday
- NAtional: Election Fraud: An Expose and A Solution
- CA: Appeals Court Rules 10 Percent Hand-Count if Election Results Close
- CA: Mayhem Expected In California On Super Tuesday, According to Media Reports!
- CA: Paper ballots return to voting system
- CA: Riverside County - Poll volunteers brush up on process
- CO: Opinion - A return to paper ballots wrong move
- CO: Mesa County - State clears machines for Palisade, Fruita city elections
- FL: Voting machines thing of the past in Indian River, Martin County
- FL: Observation key to fair elections
Officials welcome scrutiny, if done without bad motives.
- FL: Delay, glitch creates headache for St. Lucie voters
- FL: Broward County - Broward County Voters Give 110% in Florida Primary!
- FL: Palm Beach County - Software blamed for late election results in Palm Beach County
- FL: Palm Beach County - Upgrade could have prevented Palm Beach County voting glitch
- FL: Palm Beach County – Editorial - Despite smooth voting, Arthur Anderson turns in another disappointing performance in posting results
- MO: FOX Files: Electronic Voting Machines
- NY: GUEST VIEW: N.Y. must get voting reform right
- NY: On edge of an election overhaul
- NY: Advocates Say City Doesn't Have Enough Disabled Voting Machines
- NY: And Then There Was One (Voting Machine), For Now Anyway
- NY: City Election Officials Gear Up for Heavy Turnout
- NY: Disabled Voters Say Getting To Polling Sites Is Difficult
- OH: March 4 primary results face delay as elections board cites paper-ballot directive
- OH: Cuyahoga County signs lease for voting equipment
- PA: Wayne County selects new voting machines
- PA: Wayne County - County Chooses Paper Ballot Alternative
- TN: A Vote of No Confidence
Can the electoral process be scattered, smothered and hacked? Nashville filmmaker David Earnhardt says yes.
- VA: Nelson County - Nelson election fight ends
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**