Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Besides the growing number of voting machine problems, none of which would have been helped by adding a vvpat printer to a DRE but most of which would have been helped by banning the DREs outright, we’ve also got the leaking of the GAO report on the Florida CD-13 race from 2006. It seems that the GAO found that the machines were not the cause just the voters. Of course they overlook the fact that the same voting machines in other Florida counties also had a high percentage of undervotes but in different races.
It appears that the good folks who inhabit the Mesa County, CO, Commission seats are about to defy the Secretary of State and, possibly, the courts. They have voted to use their uncertified ES&S voting machines no matter what the state tells them.
This afternoon the New Mexico Democratic Party announced that they were going to go back and recount every vote cast on Tuesday....
- NAtional: Millions Without a Voice
- NAtional: Opinion - After all those revisions, are elections working better?
- AR: Benton County - Chairman Blames Delay In Election Results On Bad Luck
- AZ: Napolitano: Let Independents Vote in Primary
- AZ: Cochise County - Computer glitch causes hiccup in Cochise County tally
- AZ: Pima County - Election problems linked to turnout
High numbers at the polls left officials ill-prepared
- AZ: Pima County - County: Get used to slow election results
Effort to protect vote totals from hackers cited
- AZ: Pima County – Opinion - Casting ballot shouldn't be a bad experience
Our view: Some issues could be solved by improving quality of election workers
- CA: Primary rules trip up some Inland decline-to-state voters
- CA: Alameda County - Heavy turnout cited for ballot shortage
Alameda County officials say that some voters were given sample voting sheets and later converted to real ballots
- CA: Alameda County - Despite mishaps, county survived primary
- CA: Los Angeles County - LA County supervisors to investigate 'double-bubble' problem
- CA: Los Angeles County – Opinion - Bubble trouble on the ballot
A complicated system and confusing ballot may have spoiled the vote for many independents.
- CA: Los Angeles County - L.A. County registrar to examine independents' ballots; mix-up leaves many presidential votes uncounted
- CA: Los Angeles County - Filling in the Ovals on LA County's Super Tuesday 'Double Bubble' Debacle
- CA: Monterey County - County still counting absentee ballots
Tally of 28,373 late absentee votes could take two weeks
- CA: Nevada County - A vote of confidence for our county Elections Office
- CA: Riverside County - Glitches in system slowed vote count
- CA: San Diego County – Editorial - Paper or electronic?
Our view: Paper ballots work and attract less controversy than their electronic cousins
- CA: San Francisco - Poll Worker Slaps Voting Machine to Bring It to Life
- CA: San Joaquin County - Flood of provisional ballots means final vote tally may be weeks away
- CA: Santa Clara County - Ballot shortages afflict Palo Alto polling places
Voters forced to improvise with sample ballots, touch screens --- or simply turned away
- CA: Santa Cruz County - Equipment bugs delay local vote count
- CO: Chaos, delays feared at polls
Big caucus turnout adds to Election Day angst
- CO: Mesa County - Voting machines may stay in play
Commissioners might not wait for Coffman's OK
- CT: Primary comes off with few hitches
- FL: Sarasota County - GAO Sarasota D-13: Blood on the floor, bullet in the head, where did that smoking gun go?
- FL: Sarasota County - GAO: Fla. Undervote Not Due to Machines
- FL: Sarasota County - No evidence found of voting machine failure
- FL: Sarasota County - Machines cleared in 2006 vote flap GAO says touch-screens didn't cause undervote
- FL: Report on Disputed 2006 House Election Finds No Machine Malfunctions
- GA: Muscogee County - Turnout higher than
Small problems occurred during Tuesday's primary
- IL: Cook County - Vote miscount in city precinct a result of rare technical glitch
- IL: Kane County - Little trouble this election in Kane County
Some problems here and there, but nothing like in the past
- IL: Lake County - Consultant to investigate Lake County malfunction
- IN: State's voter ID law is called an effort to defraud Hoosiers
- NJ: Two electronic ballot machines replaced in Montclair during vote
- NJ: Hudson County - An error at Hudson polls delays official tally of primary ballots
- NJ: Warren County - Voting machines stopped working
Hundreds of warren county voters made their choices on emergency ballots.
- NM: Provisional Ballots to Decide NM Winner
- NM: Uncounted Rio Arriba County ballots raise eyebrows
- NM: Editorial - If party can't count votes, voters can't count on NM
- NM: Say What? - Party Official Kept Uncounted Ballox Boxes at Home Overnight as 200 Vote Margin Currently Seen in New Mexico's Democratic Caucus
- NM: Provisional ballots still out in San Juan County
- NM: Provisional ballots designed to be counted late
- NM: New Mexico to Recount All Democratic Votes
- NY: Election officials focus on voting machines
- NY: County officials have four machines to choose from for disabled voters
- NY: Ulster County - Concerns remain about electronic voting
- PA: Allegheny County - Team 4: Is Your Vote Safe With County Voting Machines?
- PA: Bucks County - Paper ballots beat touch screens, Bucks is told
Activists say scanned hard copy is better for verifiable vote count.
- PA: Bucks County - Voters make plea for new machines
- PA: Fayette County - Commissioners approve purchase of voting machines
- PA: Fayette County - Fayette officials buy paper-ballot machines
- WA: King County delays all-mail voting until 2009
- WA: King County - Countywide vote by mail delayed until 2009
Goal: maintain security and integrity of ballot counting machines for voters
- WV: Video: Secretary of State Betty Ireland on WV Voting Machines
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**