Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
The issue of 50,000 to 100,000 ballots that may not be counted in Los Angeles Co. is still alive and well. Every one of those ballots that can be counted must be counted. The Courage Campaign has a petition to Acting ROV Dean Logan telling him to count all of the “Decline To State” votes possible.
The news from the “Potomac Primaries” has been very quiet. The biggest problems seem to have been e-pollbooks that had voters who were registered as either Democrat or Republican listed as unaffiliated. This clearly kept many voters from being able to vote. The other huge problem was the reports from all over the area about polling places running out of ballots early. This caused lines and many people simply walked away without voting.
Those stories, and all of the other notable voting news items today, linked below as usual...
- CA: Los Angeles County - 'Bubble' least of poll workers' troubles
- CA: Los Angeles County - L.A. County Registrar Says It's 'Impossible' to Count Nearly 100,000 Ballots from Super Tuesday Primary
Blames Voters and Pollworkers...
UPDATED With Link to Petition Demanding ALL Votes Be Counted! Please Sign It!
- CA: San Francisco - S.F. City Hall gets peek at new vote machines
- CO: Coffman, activists butt heads over document release
- CO: Activists seek '07 data on vote machines tests
They argue background needed to check validity of certification decisions
- CO: Voting machines get another look
- CO: Decision on voting machines due Feb. 21
- CO: E-Vote: Colorado Schedules Voting Systems Decertification Review
- CO: Montrose County - Clerk: Drop county from watch list
- CO: Ouray County - How we vote in 2008: county will be OK
- FL: Hillsborough County - Hillsborough gets voting system provider recommendation
- FL: Sarasota County - FDLE looks into '06 elections office charges
- IL: Opinion - Invisible ink
- IN: Marion County - Touch-screen voting machines OK'd
- IN: Marion County - Clerk: Voting equipment casts doubt on success of May primary
- KY: Carroll County - County enters into agreement for new voting machines
- MD: Researcher casts doubt on move from touch-screen machines
- MD: Maryland Voting Is Extended Until 9:30
- MD: Early voters face long lines
- MD: Ice storm prompts 90-minute extension of Maryland voting hours
- MD: Allegany County - Judge orders state polls open 90 minutes later
- NM: Provisional ballot counting could begin Wednesday
- NM: Provisional Ballots Delay N.M.'s Democrat Tally
- NY: Broome, Tioga, Chenango choose optical scanning voting machines
Move needed to comply with federal law
- NY: Cayuga County - Board of elections picks new voting machines
- NY: Ulster County orders new voting machines
- OH: Buckeyes Battle over Bonds and Ballots
- OH: Judge upholds previous ruling to halt voter registration rules
- OH: Adams County - Touch-screens stay in place for primary
- OH: Cuyahoga County - Not The Boss Of Us
- PA: Centre County - County to hold forums on voting machines
- PA: Lackawanna County Selects New Voting Machines
- PA: Lackawanna County to use touch-screen voting machines
- TN: State Legislation Would Require Voting Paper Trail for All Counties
- TX: Nueces County - Election Officials Fear Possible Shortage Of Voting Machines
- TX: Waller County agrees to add 3 early-voting locations
Federal officials questioned plan to cut polling places
- VA: Roanoke County - Some voters get the runaround at precinct polls
At least nine polling places were relocated at the last minute because of power outages.
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**