Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Try as I might I just can’t come up with anything to put in this space. That has not happened very often in the four years that I have been doing this work. So I guess I will take this opportunity to remind you all that we do this work thanks to the support of the election integrity community. We are a project of International Humanities Center so any donations to us are tax-deductible. We also have a few copies of “Runoff” by Mark Coggins that are still available. “Runoff” is a fun mystery novel sure to keep you reading and there are more than a few laughs as you do so. What is really fun for those of us in elections is that the mystery is centered around a hack of an election in San Francisco. We will happily send you a copy, signed by the author, for a $50 donation. Visit our donations web page and give to help us continue to do our work. Thank you.
With that, today's notable voting news items are all linked below as usual...
- NAtional: Why Won’t Corporate Media Cover Voting Integrity Issues?
- NAtional: With improvements, e-voting could be good, says researcher.
- CA: Riverside County - Defect in paper ballots slowing election count
- CO: Editorial - Paving the way
- MS: Bolivar County - Justice Department Settles Claims Under the Help America Vote Act With Bolivar County, Mississippi
- NH: GOP candidate Albert Howard files recount appeal with NH Ballot Law Commission - "We are thankful to Mr. Gardner..."
- NM: NM Democrats can't say how many scrap paper ballots were cast
- NM: Ideas abound for reforming NM presidential nominating contest
- NY: Editorial - Voting progress
- NY: Columbia County - Voting machine choice went to wire
- NY: New York City - Unofficial Vote Tallies in City Understated Obama’s Results
- NY: New York City - NYTimes: 0-bama at as Many as 80 'Heavily Black' New York City Precincts
- TN: Voter ballot paper trail gives backup
- TX: Texas's role in Demo race expected to swell turnout at polls
- VA: Chesterfield County - State elections officials to review Chesterfield primary results
- WI: Preparing for an election is no easy task
- Washington DC: Councilwoman blasts board over voting process
- Washington DC: 10,000 Special Ballots Being Counted
A Crush of Voters and Unanticipated Turnout Caused a Shortage of Paper
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**