Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Yesterday, in a closed meeting of the Fort Bend County Elections Commission, commissioners accepted the resignation of the county Election Administrator, J.R. Perez. According to a member of the commission Perez was going to be asked to tender his resignation anyway. Perez is another heroic election administrator who has lost his job because he has taken a position against the use of paperless voting machines. In this case Perez has argued that the continued use of the county’s Hart Intercivic ESlate Direct Recording Electronic voting machines would cause long lines and disenfranchise voters during the state's March 4 primary. Perez, instead, argued for paper ballots. Thank you J.R. Perez....
- NAtional: When the Nominating System is a Whole Lot Better than the Argument Against It….
- NAtional: 10.0 on the Richter Scale...
- NAtional: Premier Names First Board of Directors
- CA: Los Angeles County - Bowen to the Rescue: CA's SoS Calls on L.A. County Registrar to Count Thousands of Still-Uncounted Super Tuesday Ballots
- CO: New tests clear some voting devices
- CO: Mesa County - Report: Voting machines not 100% usable
- FL: Sarasota County – Sarasota Soda – A Brief Sip
- NJ: Trenton must merge various election days
- NM: Vote 2008: Party to study caucus woes
State chairman aims to determine why voters rolls incomplete
- NM: Handwritten Ballots Mark Tight N.M. Vote
- NY: DREs Lose Round Two
- NY: New York City - Elections Board Could Face Grilling Over Primary Numbers
- NY: New York City - Civic Group Calls for Voting Investigation
- OH: Union County - Paper-ballot lawsuit dismissed
Judge nixes Union County's challenge to Brunner's order
- PA: Editorial - State officials need to ensure that voting machines produce a paper trail
- PA: Centre County - Study: Touch screen voting systems may be unreliable
- PA: Lackawanna County - Commissioners favor e-vote machines, despite protest
- TX: Dallas County - Polling places are ready for Dallas-Fort Worth's early-voting stampede
- TX: El Paso County - Voters urged to cast ballot early
- TX: Fort Bend County - Texas Election Official Pushed Out of Job After Warning of Concerns With County E-Voting System
- VA: 'American Flag Waved, Vote Recorded Accurately!,' Says Charlottesville, VA Election Website
- VA: Bottlenecks At The Polls
A historic turnout creates long waits for many Arlington voters.
- VA: Fairfax County - To Avoid Jams, More Voting Machines Sought
- VA: Fairfax County - Officials request new election equipment in Fairfax
- WI: Senator Kohl Calls for Audit of Polling Places
- WI: Polling Place Problems During Wisconsin Primary
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**