Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Colorado Secretary of State Coffman has done it again. Every time he makes a decision; it ends up being the wrong decision. Can’t this guy get anything right? Now Coffman has certified a host of DRE voting machines that have been sitting in limbo for many months awaiting a decision. However, he has made no decision on any of the optical-scan systems that had been decertified. The problem with all of this is that the Governor and Legislative leaders filed legislation today that will require that paper must be an option in the November general election. Vote by mail will also be an option for all voters.
At least half of the estimated 49,500 uncounted nonpartisan ballots from the Feb. 5 presidential primary election will be tallied after all, acting Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder Dean Logan told county supervisors today. ...
- NAtional: ONION VIDEO: 'Diebold Accidentally Leaks Results Of 2008 Election Early' [Spoof]
- AL: Dallas County - Poll workers, machines don't show at some precincts
- AL: Dallas County - Secretary of State weighs in on Selma voting issue
- CA: Los Angeles County - Some uncounted nonpartisan ballots to be counted after all
- CA: Monterey County - Your Town: Count set for last of primary ballots
- CA: Riverside County - Cast ballots stolen from Thermal site still missing, registrar's office says
- CO: Coffman recertifies touchscreen voting machines, delays decision on scanners
- CO: State OKs touch-screen machines for Nov. election
- CO: Some voting machines recertified
Secretary of state imposes some conditions on the use of the machines.
- CO: Six counties cleared to use vote machines
Coffman reversal comes after tests
- CO: Coffman certifies 2 voting systems
But the secretary of state is still worried about the others.
- CO: Bill calls for paper ballots statewide
- CO: Bi-Partisan Lawmakers Unveil 2008 Elections Bill
- CO: Bill outlines paper-ballot election
- CO: Mesa County voting equipment re-certified
- FL: CD-13 - House Dismisses Challenge to Outcome of Florida Race
- FL: CD-13 - U.S. House dismisses Jennings' contest of election
- FL: CD-13 - U.S Congress votes to end election probe
- NJ: Some question A.G.'s voting machine plan
Opponents say paper verification system needed in coming elections
- NM: AP Centerpiece: Voters, poll workers question accuracy of lists
- NM: AP: Thousands of Democratic Voters Dumped from NM Voter Rolls After Outsourcing to Failed Voting Machine Company ES&S...
- NY: New York State Court of Appeals Puts Independence Party Back on Ballot, the Day Before the Election
- OH: “Central Counting” of Paper Ballots in Ohio
- OH: E-Vote: Ohio Secretary of State Calls Meetings This Week on Election Systems
- TN: Editorial - Save it for a real cause
- TX: Fort Bend County - Commissioner's Court Formally Approves Rental Of 200 Voting Machines
- TX: Upshur County - Upshur GOP sues county, clerk
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**