Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Every voter, even if you voted in your state’s primary without any problems, should contact your county election officials and ensure you are registered to vote according to their records and that your name and address are correct in their data base. The best time to do this is later in the year but before it is too late to register if there are any problems.
Voter registrations and the voter data bases will be the problem of this election year. Vendors have made a lot of money setting-up state voter registration data bases and there have already been reports of many problems in many states. We encourage every voter to play it safe and make a phone call or visit your county election office. Make sure that when the time comes your vote will be counted and you will not have to be on a provisional ballot that may not get counted.
As usual, today's notable voting news headlines all follow below...
- NAtional: Is Your Name on the Voting List?
- NAtional: United Technologies Makes Bid for Diebold
- CO: Editorial - Faith in the elections
Officials' efforts can inspire it
- FL: Martin County - How much will Martin get for old voting machines?
County still owes $1.1 million for the touch-screen devices, which cost about $3,300 each new
- IL: Du Page County - Ballot group may have partisan ties
Election Commission critic has an agenda, GOP claims
- OH: Voter protection group sets up hot line
- OH: All eyes will be on Ohio to get Election Day right
State works to minimize problems
- OH: Paper ballots to delay final primary results
- OH: Belmont County - Late Vote Results Expected
- SC: Horry County - Horry panel to research voting machine receipts
- TX: Brazoria County - More voting machines in place to meet demand
- TX: Brazoria County - Officials preparing for high voter turnout
- TX: Collin County - Dem Voting and Caucus Problems in Texas on March 4th
- TX: Nueces County – Voting Machine Mix Up
- WV: Cole says Cabell's voting system is ready for elections
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**