Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
The voting news today has been dominated, not by tomorrow’s primary news, but by an attempted takeover of Diebold by the military industrial complex in the form of United Technologies, which also owns Sikorsky Helicopter and jet engine maker Pratt and Whitney. Diebold received the offer for takeover and has rejected it so far. Remember Dwight Eisenhower’s warning: “In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.”...
- NAtional: Diebold Receives a Takeover Offer
- NAtional: Diebold Rejects Proposal From United Technologies
- NAtional: Diebold Stock Soars After $3 Billion Takeover Bid by Defense Contractor Conglomerate United Technologies
- NAtional: Diebold Rejects Bid as ‘Opportunistic’
- NAtional: Editorial - A New Role for Defense Contractors?: Counting Votes
- CO: Editorial - Coffman's 'Never mind'
Were those two months of uncertainty really necessary?
- CO: Lawmakers Consider Plan To Use Paper Ballots
- CO: Paper ballot elections get first hearing at Capitol
- CO: San Miguel County - County voting machines recertified
- FL: Think you have the right to vote? Think again
- IN: Voting systems unable to handle high traffic
- NJ: Editorial - Election integrity at stake
- NY: Steuben County - New Steuben voting machines coming
County polling places will likely offer choice of levers or optical scan in September.
- OH: Ohio 'paper' vote system debuting with flaws, researchers say
- OH: Counties ready for ballots
- OH: State ruling gives county voters a choice of ballot options
- OH: Counting votes: It’s no quick task
- OH: Primary puts Ohio, top election official Jennifer Brunner in spotlight
Most important primary in decades spotlights Brunner
- OH: People crowd polling sites to get votes in ahead of bad weather
- OH: More than 50,000 votes cast
- OH: Cuyahoga County - Election official: Cuyahoga is OK to go
- OH: Cuyahoga County - Elections Officials Hoping For Smooth Primary
- OH: Franklin County - Board of elections names new director
- PA: Elections officials getting ready for possible record turnout
- PA: Fayette County - Fayette ballot change may get boost
- TX: TX Citizen Exit Pollers Display E-Voting "Wheel of Glitches"
- TX: Confusion Rampant Over Texas 'Primacaucus' Rules
- WV: Officials stand behind voting machines
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**