Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Today gives us a hard fought, tight special election for an open congressional seat in Illinois’ 14th Congressional District. DuPage County is one of the counties in the 14th. Reports from the county are that their Diebold/Premier DREs flashed the word “REPUBLICAN” when the voter began the voting process. This subliminal message, if that is what it is, is something new in the dirty tricks bag and another good reason to get rid of DREs. No vvpat will solve this tactic....
- AR: Estimate for early voting now $32k
- CA: Los Angeles County - 'Double Bubble' Hearing: Logan Runs and Conny Gets Called on the Carpet
- CA: Los Angeles County - Election officials draw criticism
- CO: Coffman aide's support criticized
- CO: Some Colorado counties say voting machine upgrades too pricey
- FL: Florida Democrats Consider Mail-In Vote for New Primary
- FL: Machines not ready for revote by June 10
- FL: Best Option For Revote Could Be In The Mail
- IL: DuPage County - Democrats reporting irregularities in 14th District voting machines
- IL: DuPage County - 'REPUBLICAN' Flashes on Diebold Screens in Illinois Special Election to Replace Hastert
- MN: Instant-runoff voting in Minneapolis unlikely in 2009
The election director doubts the city will have the proper equipment in place by then.
- OH: Editorial - A successful election
- OH: Opinion - Reconsider Ohio Paper Ballot Order
- OH: Cuyahoga County - Taxpayers in Cuyahoga County spent $21 million on malfunctioning electronic voting machines.
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**