Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Tomorrow is Mississippi voters' opportunity to cast their primary votes. Most of the counties use Diebold/Premier TSx machines with a vvpat. One county recently decided to remove the vvpat printers because they caused too many problems on election day. Another good reason to scrap DREs, even when they have vvpat printers.
There has been a lot of discussion about Florida’s primary. Is it going to happen or not? One thing I have seen in the Florida papers that seems to have been missed by the national press is that all of the Florida counties that used to use DREs no longer have those machines, or are getting rid of them as we speak. They are bringing in optical scan but they have all said it would be nearly impossible for them to conduct a primary election in June. ...
- NAtional: Opinion - Voting security needed now!
- NAtional: Editorial - Clean Up Our Elections
A nation that proclaims itself to be the best democracy on Earth must do a better job in running elections.
- NAtional: Debugging Election Codes
- NAtional: "Myth" of Voter Fraud Focus of Senate Hearing
- NAtional: 'Myth of Voter Fraud' Hearings to be Held This Week in Senate
- NAtional: Will your vote count?
Struggles continue with voting reform years after hanging chads of 2000
- CA: Illegal Vote Counts in Riverside County now on Video - testimony before CA legislature
- CA: Los Angeles County - VIDEO: Brad Friedman and Other Election Integrity Advocates Speak At Historic California Hearing On Voting Problems
- CO: Columnist – Monday Morning Special
More help on the way for improved elections
- FL: Fla. Mail - In Primary Plan Gains Traction
- FL: Do-over primary vote in Florida might have to be done by mail
- FL: Hillsborough County - Hillsborough Hauls Away Touch-Screen Machines
- IN: St Joseph County - Green Party to seek apology from St. Joseph County board
- IN: Vanderburgh County - Election officials planning on packed polls
- MS: Mississippi Snapshot
- MS: Party leaders gearing up for Tues. primaries
- NM: Election Bureau changes prompt concerns
- NM: N.M. Election Bureau Director Retires 3 Months Before Primary
- OH: Opinion - Ohio still cannot get election right
- OH: Richland County - $3,000 in paper ballots unused in Richland County primary
- OH: Summit County - Ohio Supreme Court: State elections chief must give deposition
- PA: Tight race pressures counties
With heavy turnout expected, officials try to avoid vote problems
- TX: Travis County - Caucus chair uncovers discrepancies
- VA: Chesterfield County - Registrar is playing the victim
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**