Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
The GEMS data base used with Diebold/Premier TSx DREs in Butler Co., Ohio, last month seems to have a problem. The election board has reported to Diebold/Premier and the Ohio Secretary of State that during loading of memory cards from the DREs into the GEMS server two memory cards did not load even though the computer reported all cards had been loaded. This resulted in 105 votes being missed. It is not yet known if this is a statewide problem or if it is national. Of course, the only way news of this problem will get out is if members of the EI community do the work.
Six New Jersey counties have now been served with subpoenas for the Sequoia Advantage voting machines that were proven to have a problem. The machines will probably be going to Princeton for inspection. Naturally Sequoia says they are going to attempt to quash the subpoenas.
Those stories, and many more, linked below as usual...
- NAtional: Web site aims to make absentee voting easier
Survey finds 42 percent of registered military voters were unable to vote in ’06
- NAtional: Road to e-voting crisis paved with money, good intentions
- CA: Riverside County - Watchdog to give report on elections mishaps
- CA: Riverside County - Officials: SAVE R VOTE's report misleading
SAVE R VOTE: More training, security needed
- FL: Broward County - Secretary of state visits Broward elections office, gives Snipes good marks
- FL: Pasco County - After today, Pasco can wave goodbye to touch screen voting
- IN: Ind. counties see jump in voter registration
- MS: Voter ID requirement falls short
Lawmaker says there's not enough support in House
- MS: Secretary of state says voter fraud hurts poor people
- NJ: Subpoenas issued to re-examine voting machines
- NJ: Sequoia Touch-Screen Voting Machines Subpoenaed in NJ
- NY: Jaco Electronics Wins Order to Manufacture 4,500 Voting Machines for New York State
- NY: Jaco wins large contract for optical scan voting machines
- OH: Butler County - Voting machines have problems
- OH: Butler County missed 105 votes
- OH: Butler County - Failed Again: Widely-Used Diebold Touch-Screens Systems Dropped Votes in Recent Ohio Primary
- PA: Lackawanna County - E-vote rejects could pay off
- TN: Paper Ballots for TN Voters
- TX: Fort Bend County - Fort Bend Voters Could Opt For Paper Ballots By November Election
- WI: Vote recount overturns City Council race result
- WI: Bypassing of fed rules on vote counting system considered in Wis.
- Brazil: Open source election machines in Brazil
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**