Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
What is wrong with election officials in Pennsylvania? They knew that voter turnout was going to set records today yet many precincts only have two machines. Two machines equal long lines and voters turning around and going home. On top of that there were wide-spread machine failures. And, on top of that, in areas like Philadelphia officials will not allow voters to use a paper ballot unless both machines are out-of-service and then, the paper ballot is a provisional ballot that may or may not ever be counted. At the same time that voters are reporting problems to the local news blogs and the voting assistance groups, local officials were telling the broadcast media that there were very few problems and they were all expected (normal). In fact the problems were numerous enough to warrant VoterAction to go to court in an attempt to keep the polls open for two extra hours. That attempt was denied....
- NAtiona: The BRAD BLOG [And VotersUnite] Invited to Address U.S. Election Assistance Commission...
- NAtional: Lawyers' Committee Releases Interim Protection 2008 Primary Report
- NAtional: Are E-Voting Paper Trails A Bad Idea?
from the depends-on-your-point-of-view dept
- AZ: Pima County - Who Checks The Vote Counters?
- AZ: Pima County - State law backs Dems' request for election databases
- CA: Foundation to honor secretary of state for actions regarding voting machines
- CO: Mock election to test statewide voter registration
Boulder County testing election system
- CO: Mock election will test if SCORE rides smoothly
New voter registration system will be used in Aug. primaries
- CO: Dry run for new voter database
- CT: State Officials Asked To Probe Flaws In Voter Lists
- IN: Marion County - Preparing for Indiana's May primary election
- IN: Shelby County - Ballot back in proper order
- MT: E-Vote: $800,000 in Grants Awarded to Montana County Election Offices
- NY: Storage sought for new machines
ELECTRONIC VOTING: Counties need secure, climate-controlled site
- OH: Cuyahoga County - High-cost elections stun cities, schools Some increases are more than tenfold
- PA: Pennsylvania Primary: Polling Place, E-Voting Problem Wire...
- PA: Voter Story: Battling Administrative Incompetence And Technical Failure At The Polls
- PA: Reports of disenfranchised and uncertain voters
- PA: Heavy Turnout In Pa.
- PA: Obama camp charging voting problems in PA
- PA: Election Protection in Full Swing in Pennsylvania
- PA: Voting Problems In Pennsylvania?
- PA: Breaking: Voter Group Requests Extended Poll Hours
- PA: Poll problems: The case to extend hours
- PA: Judge: Polls Will Close As Scheduled
- PA: Allegheny County - Early Polling Issue Reported In Green Tree
- PA: Bucks County - Downed voting machines caused delays in Falls
- PA: Centre County - Update: Voting brisk in county, at HUB
- PA: Monroe County - Changes should eliminate long lines, lengthy waits for voters
- PA: Northampton County - Polls open for Pennsylvania primary
- PA: Northampton County - Palmer Twp. voter reports ballot confusion
- PA: Philadelphia - Court Appointed Machine Inspector Denied Entrance to Poll
- PA: Westmoreland County - Election workers brace for onslaught
- TN: It’s time to ensure every vote is counted
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**