Last Friday election activist and founder of the Florida Fair Elections Coalition, Susan Pynchon, announced her run for Volusia County Supervisor of Elections. Susan joins Ellen Brodsky, who is running for the same position in Broward County and who is also a member of Florida Fair Elections Coalition.
The vendor’s lobby group, The Election Technology Council (ETC), recently published a report in which they whine about not having the power that they had before the EAC took more control over the voting system testing and certification program. The ETC wants the testing and certification process to be easier for them. They want to be able to engage EAC commissioners and staff in ex parte conversations. And they want a seat at the table on the Technical Guidelines Development Committee. In all cases the EAC has said NO! and today EAC Chair Rosemary Rodriguez has reiterated that NO!, loudly and clearly. We thank the Chair and the rest of the commissioners for taking this stand for the voters. We need well tested voting systems and not voting systems that have been certified just because the testing would take too long....
- NAtional: Statement by Chair Rodriguez Regarding EAC Voting System Certification Program
- NAtional: Could unbiased election opinion polls prove electoral fraud?
- NAtional: "Uncounted" Shines Spotlight on Our Corrupt Voting System
- NAtional: Voting accessibility for those with disabilities
- FL: New rule restores rights to 115,000 Fla. ex-felons
- FL: Broward County - Mock Vote Prepares Voters, Workers For Nov. Election
- FL: Broward County - Vote for Voting
The Long March
- FL: Collier County - Ballots step backward?
Optical scanner voting machines - they’re new, but are they improved?
- FL: Volusia County - Supervisor of elections candidate wants touch-screen voting machines gone in Volusia
- IL: Kane County switches to vote centers
- IN: Replacing voting machines in Johnson Co. expected to be costly
- NV: Clark County - I-Team: Ballot Printing Running Behind Schedule
- NY: NY Advocates to State Board of Elections: Make Election Audits RISK-BASED
- NY: Albany County - Albany towns contest bill for election
Albany County suburban residents unfairly charged, elected officials say
- RI: Carcieri backs election reform
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**