Yesterday members of Ohio Election Justice Campaign (OEJC) filed papers in US District Court in Ohio asking a judge to begin criminal contempt proceedings for the destruction of ballots, against his orders, from the Nov. 2004 election. In King Lincoln, et al. v. Brunner, et al., Civ. No. C2 06 745 (S.D. Ohio), the judge had ordered all 88 counties to preserve all ballots from the election until a decision was rendered in the case. At least 56 counties decided that they did not need to follow the court order and destroyed a portion of the ballots they had. Seven counties assert they have destroyed all ballots. The complaint also asks the judge to impanel a special grand jury to investigate the destruction of the ballots....
- Featured Article: OH: Ohio Election Officials May Face Criminal Charges: Ohio Election Justice Campaign Files in Federal Court
- NAtional: Sneak Preview of "Count My Vote - A Citizen's Guide to Voting" by Steven Rosenfeld
- NAtional: VA should allow voter drives at its hospitals, senators urge
- NAtional: Editorial - Make it easier, not harder, for vets to vote
- NAtional: States blast VA for banning registration drives
- NAtional: Many voting machines are still suspect
- AZ: Pima County - Decision to destroy RTA ballots protested
Questions about '06 vote remain, say activists and county officials
- AZ: Pima County – Editorial - RTA election ballot recount: Bring it on!
- CT: Attorney General says federal law allows non-partisan voter registration, education at VA hospitals
- FL: VA vote push has new allies
- GA: Handel: Too late to halt voter ID for July primary
- GA: Judge upholds Georgia voter ID requirement
- MI: Group upset over canceled meeting on elections Statewide
- MI: Mich. election officials reject claims of illegally barring voters
- NM: Candidate wants answers about missing NM ballots
- NY: NYSTEC Finds NY SBOE Voting Machine Tests 'Quite Good'
- NY: Ulster County - Electronic voting coming to Ulster County
Commissioners say machines will get test run
OH: Cuyahoga County - Commissioners approve new voting system in 2-1 vote
- OH: Cuyahoga County - Cuyahoga buys the more costly voting system
- WV: Rick Wellman: Wayne County voters deserve working voting machines
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**