Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
“It seems incomprehensible for me that VA does not want to assist veterans to register. It is despicable,” said Jim Dickson, vice-president of American Association of Persons with Disabilities (AAPD). “I am trying hard to not express how angry I am.” On this I will agree 100% with Dickson. Also in our featured articles several Senators have stepped up in support of our veterans as they have introduced a bill to require the Department of Veterans’ Affairs to do the right thing. One of those Senators, Patty Murry (D-WA), said, "The right to vote is at the very heart of the democracy that our nation's veterans have fought so hard to protect,” Senator Murray said. “The VA knows first-hand how much our veterans have sacrificed and should make every attempt to make voting easier – not harder – for them. This legislation breaks down barriers to voting for our veterans and helps keep our commitment to protect the rights of those who have fought for us."...
Featured - National: Senators Feinstein, Kerry, Reid, Obama, Clinton, Leahy, Schumer, Murray, Wyden Introduce Bill to Require the Department of Veterans’ Affairs to Provide Access to Voter Registration for Veterans
- Featured - National: Voting Rights Groups Step Up Criticism on VA Voting Policy
- National: VA urged to end ban on voter registration drives
- National: EAC Releases Report on HAVA Spending by States
- National: Your vote counts ...
But only if we can figure out how to count it.
- National: AFGE Takes Lead on Voter Protection Campaign
- National: GOP Tech Guru Mike Connell 'High IQ Forrest Gump...At Scene of Every Single Crime' Say Ohio Attorneys
- CT: Editorial - Let Vets Register
- AZ: Federal judge weighs challenge to Ariz. voter ID law
- IL: Sangamon County Will Rent New Voting Machines
- NM: Voter Group Urges Investigation of Missing Ballots
- NY: Mayor Attacking 'Waste' at Board Of Elections
- OH: GOP IT Handyman Holds ‘Secrets of the Temple,” Ohio Election Lawyers Say
- OH: GOP criticizes ruling by Ohio elections chief
- PA: Centre County - County to buy new voting system
- TN: Anderson County - ‘Lasted too long’
Joseph Lee drops lawsuit
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**