Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
In today’s featured article Bo Lipari of New Yorkers For Verified Voting opens, “It’s become obvious that New York State’s new voting systems will not be able to complete New York State certification testing in time for the scheduled 2009 rollout. The state sets the highest bar in the nation for approval of voting machines, one that vendors have never been required to meet before. Their performance in New York demonstrates that they are a long, long way from understanding that the public will not stand for poorly designed, badly tested and outrageously overpriced equipment, and a business philosophy of let the customer be damned.”...
- Featured – NY: Schedule Slips and Slippery Slopes
Voting Machines Can’t Meet NY Standards in Time for 2009
- National: Editorial - A Lesson Not Learned
- National: Columnist - They Fight but Can't Vote
- National: Lots of Bullets, Not Enough Ballots
- National: EAC Chair Urges Recruitment of Two Million Poll Workers for Presidential Election
- National: VA of two minds when it comes to voting help for veterans
- AL: Selma - Time to move forward
- AL: Selma - Visually impaired voters count, too.
- AL: Selma - ES&S: There's nothing to hack in optical voting machine
- CO: State no longer overseeing elections in Routt, Montrose counties
- GA: Early numbers show low voter turnout for primaries
- MA: Same-day registration push on hold
- MD: Predicting long delays at polls, group urges paper ballots in Nov.
- MS: Jones forms committee to craft new voter ID bill
- NY: Union County - Malfunctioning machines cause ire
- OH: Ohio GOP criticizes Brunner's ruling
- VA: Virginia edges towards backup for electronic votes
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**