Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Tonight’s Featured article discusses the report from VotersUnite.Org that we discussed in this space on Monday. The report does not just tell what is wrong; it also tells about what states and local jurisdictions can do that is right. “Researchers then offer solutions by highlighting the story in Luzerne County, Pa., where election director Leonard Piazza in 2006 refused to allow ES&S to service its voting machines. Instead, Piazza and his staff perform most maintenance functions and ballot design programming without letting vendor representatives upgrade the machines or come near county precincts during an election. It's not too late, Theisen said, for more public officials to take election administration into their own hands come November.”...
- Featured - National: Report: Vendor Control Undermines Elections
Nonprofit group claims vote-counting machine vendors are the ones in control during some elections.
- National: Corporate Vendors Are Undermining U.S. Elections
- National: States seek workarounds for e-voting systems
- National: Veterans focus of Dem voting law reform
- National: How do you compare security across voting systems?
- CO: Coffman has confidence in Morgan County elections
- CT: Hand audit to review primary ballots
- CT: Recounts to be held at four Danbury polls
- CT: Local polling places among 82 due for audit
- HI: Hawaii ballots add pick-a-party box
- MI: Voting machines still a problem for some local clerks
- MO: Christian County - Recount doesn't alter commissioner race
- OH: Legislature makes changes to improve Ohio's elections process
- OH: State official ends 'sleepover' practice for voting machines
- OH: Voting machines can't go home, Brunner says
- OH: Editorial - Make Voting Easy, Secure
- OH: Fairfield County - County having problems with voting machine logistics
- OH: Summit County - Elections board to seek $615,000 for '08
Officials say more is needed to buy ballots, postage, rent scanners
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**