Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
It is never easy asking for funding but it is something that non-profit groups have to do occasionally. VotersUnite.Org is not a project of Pew or one of the big-money organizations and we don’t want to be. We like being able to make our own decisions and not having to make those decisions based on a position of a sponsoring organization. However, this freedom means we have to do our own fundraising and we have to ask, hat in hand, for your help. “Daily Voting News” is a near daily service provided by VotersUnite free of charge to subscribers. I have never taken a penny, beyond some expenses, for doing this; not for over four years of gathering the news; and I never will. We do, however, have overhead and we need help with that. So, here I am doing what I dislike doing very much, asking for help from you so we can keep doing this work and keep VotersUnite.Org as one of the premier informational election integrity organizations. Please help us out with a tax-deductible donation. ...
- National: Resurrecting E-voting
- AL: St Clair County - Large number of provisional ballots cast
- AZ: Pima County - Election Integrity Timeline
- CO: Sec. of State deems Phillips County on track for Nov. election
- FL: Opinion - Scanners' debut quiet
- FL: Broward County - Broward voting results: Boring day, troubling delays
- FL: Broward County - Broward vote tally delays raise fears about Nov. 4 election
Delays in counting the primary vote in Broward are raising concerns about the county's handling of the ballot tally on Election Day in November.
- FL: Hillsborough County - Firm Accepts Blame For Hillsborough Election Glitch
- FL: Leon County - Sancho: Integrity of vote never in doubt despite computer glitch
- FL: Polk County - Ballot Recount Of Close Race Is Set for Today
- FL: Sarasota County - Voting problems plague Sarasota
- FL: Sarasota County - Software glitch slowed vote tally in Sarasota
- HI: Isle voting machines tested, approved for Sept. elections
- IL: Sangamon County - New voting machines arrive
Rentals replace county-owned equipment
- KS: Clay County - Brown: Low voter turnout means costly ballots
- MO: New Study: Missouri May Experience Long Lines on Election Day
County-by-County Survey Reveals Flaws in Election Administration
- NY: Oswego County - County on track with HAVA requirements
- NY: Steuben County - New machines allow all an equal way to cast votes
- OH: Politics, communication sully absentee ballot plans
- OH: Spat over voting law all about politics
- OH: Hamilton County - Will voting machines work?
Company that makes them says yes, but others not pleased.
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**