Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Readers will recall that as of yesterday Palm Beach Co Florida officials had lost well over 3,000 ballots sometime between the primary election and an election recount. Earlier today there were announcements that over 2700 ballots had been found. Late this afternoon the officials were supposed to meet to announce whether they had found all of the missing ballots and why those ballots went missing in the first place.
Were the ballots run through the high-speed optical scan machines during the recount and did the machines pick-up two or more ballots at a time thus not counting all of the ballots? Or, were the ballots in bins that were never counted?
The media is not clear on this issue yet so we are going to have to wait to find this out. If the machines were, in fact, grabbing two or more ballots at a time jurisdictions around the country need to be made aware of this possibility.
Meanwhile a report from Broward Co of the result of their state-mandated audit is a bit troubling. The county appears to have hand-counted one race on ballots from 16 precincts. The media is reporting that nine of the precincts hand-count matches the machine results. Seven precincts resembled original results by 95 percent or more. That is a huge number and should raise red flags.
Instead one official said, “When you're dealing with people and paper, that's the best you're going to get.” How about agreeing 100% and you keep counting until you are sure that the people and paper are not the problem and then you find out what problem the machines had?...
- AZ: Maricopa County - County still counting your votes
- AZ: Slow Pima County returns delays result for District 30 House race
- AZ: Pima County - Procedural changes are cited in slow county tally
3,000 provisional, 11,000 early ballots uncounted 24 hours after polls close
- CO: San Miguel County - County Election Equipment Needs More Upgrading
- FL: Broward County elections officials audit primary results
- FL: Leon County - Leon County Audits Election Results
- FL: Palm Beach County starts counting election ballots by hand
- FL: Opinion - Missing votes spur worries about fall election in Palm Beach County
- FL: Palm Beach County - Another recount to find missing ballots
- FL: Fourth Round: Who Will Win? Abramson? Wennet?
Palm Beach County Recounts Votes In Close Judge Race For Fourth Time
- FL: Palm Beach County - Florida county probes misplaced ballots
Elections officials suspect more than 3,000 paper ballots may have been misplaced during a recount
- FL: Palm Beach County - Missing Palm Beach Ballots Raise Questions for November
- FL: Florida's latest e-voting crisis likely due to human error
- FL: Opinion - The flaw that links LePore, Anderson
- FL: Palm Beach County - Workers spend day counting ballots, not votes
- OH: Opinion - Voting machine ruling by Sec. of State long overdue
- OH: Brunner predicts better results for presidential election
- OH: Ashland County - Poll workers keep election day humming
- TX: Legislators coming to Brownsville to discuss Voter ID law
- TX: Travis County opening two 'mega sites' for early voting
Location will help cope with expected record turnout, officials say.
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**