Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
SAVE R VOTE is a group of election watchdogs in Riverside Co California. Yesterday the group gave the county Board of Supervisors a report that they wrote after pouring over more than 10,000 documents for the past three months. Their report included evidence of elections staff correcting documents to balance ballot inventory; electronic voting machines being delivered up to 11 days before the election, some times to bathrooms [Election law permits officials to deliver voting machines a week before Election Day]; and missing electronic voting cartridges. Of course the county registrar could only do all she could do to minimize the issue. Congratulations to SAVE R VOTE. They got the county supervisors to listen. They have ordered an audit of the Registrar’s office to determine why there were hundreds of violations found. ...
- Featured - CA: Riverside County - Voter activist group finds fault with June election
- CA: Riverside County - Election watchdog group to present findings to supervisors today
- CA: Riverside County - Election watchdog group wants more training for poll workers
- CA: Riverside County - County supervisors order audit of Registrar’s office
- National: Post-DNC: Election Protection
- National: Helping vets vote should be law, senator says
- National: Rove tricks? McCain absentee ballots raise questions
- National: Group says some states may be unprepared for Election Day
- National: E-voting audit guidelines released
- CO: Study shows Colorado vulnerable to some election-day problems
- FL: Report: Election officials throughout state ill prepared for voters in Nov.
- FL: Palm Beach County - Yet Another Election Drama Swirls in Palm Beach County
- FL: Palm Beach County - Auditors advise Palm Beach County elections supervisor to fix process before November
- HI: Voting is ‘secure,’ officials say
A lawsuit’s claim that systems are vulnerable will not be resolved before the primary
- IN: Delaware County - Guest Column: Too late to put in place early voting center
- MD: Out with the new... ... in with the old
- MI: Obama Team Files Suit Over Alleged Voter Suppression Plan
- MI: Dems File Injunction Against MI GOP 'Vote Caging' Plan For Voters Whose Homes Were Foreclosed
- MO: Voting equipment checks widened
- MS: Opinion - Barbour, Hosemann playing ballot games
- NY: Are You Registered to Vote? Really?
- OH: Do you trust your vote to be counted?
- WI: Last minute change in Wisconsin election protocol would disenfranchise voters
- WI: Lawsuit request to crosscheck ID
Additional proof of residence may be needed at polls
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**