Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
17 days until Election Day.
Along with early voting we are getting reports of early vote switching. The ES&S iVotronic machines in Jackson Co. West Virginia are reportedly swapping voters selections from one candidate to another.
VotersUnite has done some research of state laws and talked with election officials in a few states on the subject of straight-party voting. The laws and rules from one state to another are a confusing mess and even state election officials did not understand the rules without checking. How can the machine vendors and ballot programmers be expected to get it right? The best answer for everyone is to vote the whole ballot but avoid straight-party voting. We have done our best to explain the rules in each state for the voters HERE. ...
- Featured - WV: Jackson County - Some early W.Va. voters angry over switched votes
Jackson County touch-screens switched votes, 3 residents say
- Featured - National: Avoid Straight-Party Voting
- National: Block the Vote
- National: Election Watchdog Group Compiles Stunning List of Recent 'Problems Facing Voters Nationwide'
- National: States' Attempts to Clean up Voting Lists Result in Unlawful Voter Purging and Suppression
- National: Thousands Face Mix-Ups In Voter Registrations
In New Databases, Many Are Wrongly Flagged as Ineligible
- National: USA Today cited "accusations of voter fraud and voter suppression" but omitted examples of voter suppression
- National: Policy Brief on the Truth About Voter Fraud
- National: 'SWAT' lawyers ready for election
- National: Study by USA dean could play role in election process
Dean to lead team seeking to locate risks to voting systems
- National: Did Washington waste millions on faulty voting machines?
- National: Forward to the Past: Junk the Machines, Count Votes Manually
- CA: Voters say they were duped into registering as Republicans
- CO: Election option: Early voting begins Monday
- CO: Pueblo County Clerk says Colorado ready for election
- FL: Treasure Coast officials calling residents on 'no match, no vote' list
- FL: Indian River County - Early voting in Indian River to include electronic ID machines
- FL: Volusia County adds nearly 10,000 new voters in October
- IN: Porter County - Porter officials on lookout for voting problems
- KY: Report: Kentucky not prepared for election
- KY: Kentucky assails PBS-YouTube video vote project
- MI: Judge Rules Michigan Voter Purging Program Illegal
- MO: Missouri recognized for elections system
- MS: HAVA interpretations may be problematic in Mississippi
- NJ: Jersey disputes report faulting voting machines
- NJ: N.J. voting machines vulnerable, report says
- NJ: Mercer County - Advice on how to vote: Absentee
Mercer official targets fear after report on machines
- NM: Election Officials Grapple With Voting Irregularities in New Mexico
- NV: Officials Reassure: ACORN Hasn't Compromised Nevada Voting
- NV: Voters will see more security
Officials to watch for fraud at polls
- NV: Nye County - Alphabetical registration to ease check-in on voting day
- NY: DiNapoli: More hiring needed to avoid election glitches
- NY: There's No Place Like Home: Plan L for NY Elections
- OH: Ohio GOP loses fight to contest new voters
The Supreme Court on Friday threw out a lawsuit brought by the Ohio Republican Party that could have made it easier to challenge tens of...
- OH: Two Lines For Voting Choice In Jefferson County
- SC: Attorney general asked for opinion on emergency ballots
- TX: Concerns wrong instructions will give Obama less votes
- TX: Bexar County - Missing Marker For Ballots Confusing Voters
Mail-In Ballots Can Be Marked With Black Or Blue Pen, Pencil
- WV: Jackson County - And It Begins Again: Touch-Screen Votes Flipping From Dem to Rep in WV
Votes for Obama Switching to McCain in Early Voting in Jackson County...
- VA: Virginia is ready for Election Day - really, state officials say
- VA: Early Voters Sticking With Electronic Machines
- VA: Suffolk - City still processing voters
Registar’s office swamped with applications
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**