Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
16 days until Election Day.
Yesterday we reported vote flipping on ES&S iVotronic DREs in Jackson Co West Virginia. Today we have a report from Putnam Co that votes are flipping on their iVotronic machines. In every case, in both articles, the voters are voting for a Democratic candidate and their votes were being moved to the Republican candidate by the machines.
Already turn-out is proving to be heavier than many jurisdictions have prepared for. Long lines have been reported in Nevada and New Mexico, and elsewhere, with voters having to wait for as much as two hours to vote. Luckily anyone who gave up has the time in the next two weeks to go vote early. I’m just afraid that Nov. 4 is going to find long lines at the polls and precincts ill prepared to handle the number of voters who want to exercise their right to vote....
- Featured - WV: Putnam County - More W.Va. voters say machines are switching votes
In six cases, Democratic votes flipped to GOP
- Featured – National: Tide of voters could swamp US electoral system
- National: Specter of voter fraud arises in election
- National: Black and white beans to voting machines: voting technologies in America
- National: Voters could swamp US electoral system
- National: Voting issues play out in court
Fraud suspicion has risen sharply since 2000 race
- CA: Breaking: Head Of CA GOP Voter Registration Outfit Arrested For Registration Fraud
- CA: GOP voter registration fraud case leads to arrest
Mark Jacoby, who was arrested in Ontario and owns a firm hired by the California Republican Party, violated state registration laws, authorities say.
- CO: Voter turnout may top record
County clerks expect 90 percent or higher, thanks to mail-in option
- CT: Misstatements In Stamford Advocate
- FL: As Election Day nears, eyes will be on state — no one wants replay of 2000
- FL: Backers of early voting brace for long lines from logistical snags
- FL: Florida voters can ease Election Day chaos
- FL: Russ Lemmon: Election machines sit idly by in Indian River? What a brilliant idea!
- FL: Incumbent McFall, challenger Pynchon face off for Volusia County elections supervisor
- IN: Delaware County - Column: New registrations not as many as some predicted
- IN: Tippecanoe County - Early vote opens at Purdue Monday
- NJ: Elections officials swamped by registrations
- NM: Day seven: New Mexico, Land of Lost Votes
Wary of the schemes and SNAFUs of past elections, voters in Santa Fe throng to take part in early voting.
- NM: Anxious voters find long lines, grief
Heavy turnout, some confusion at Santa Fe polling site for early balloting
- NV: Record number vote early in Carson City
- OH: Glitches fill Ohio voter rolls
Eligibility questions could bring confusion, spur conflicts
- PA: Monroe County - Heavy turnout means more lines for Monroe voters
- TX: Brazoria County - Heavy early voting turnout expected
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**